PDA

View Full Version : puffing the pipe

crazedape
04-17-2006, 10:53 AM
I am going to buy a procircuit pipe because it is not a 2 piece pipe and because my engine builder said it is a good pipe for a non 2 piece and I was wondering when you buy the pipe and silencer for a 250r does just the pipe and silencer come or do I need to order the pipe to silencer coupler and the exhaust flange or what. Will there be any issues when hanging the pipe. I have read that some people have had to make custom bracketry and I would just like to know what I am getting into.

elbine69
04-17-2006, 12:41 PM
just wondering what do you have against 2 piece pipes?

matt250r21
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
I would not get the pro curcit pipe if I were you.

250r4life
04-17-2006, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
I would not get the pro curcit pipe if I were you.

i agree... fmf makes a one piece, get an fmf if youre set on a one piece

fast250r
04-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I had a pro circuit pipe and silencer. It worked great. All you need is the pipe and silencer. It fits nicely. The pipe will need custom made brackets though. They do not line up with the stock mounting points. I now have a ESR pipe and silencer. It is a much better one piece pipe IMO. It also did not line up and nedded home made brackets.

crazedape
04-17-2006, 03:40 PM
All the posts on here about 2 piece pipes are that they leak and you have to smear silicone around them to make them seal.

He did recommend that I get a Curtis Sparks first. If anyone can explain a two piece pipe to me I could be swayed. I just can't find enough information. I would like a little more fact than opinion because sometimes what works for others doesn't work for everyone.

How hard was the custom bracketry to make.