PDA

View Full Version : bogging

tofst4u
04-17-2006, 06:08 AM
I was just wondering if anyone could help me with a little issue that has me slightly worried. I was ridding my 05R Saturday in a creek bed that had water that was proubly as deep as my tires. My brother and I were playing around down in the creek for about a hour when my quad died. It took my awhile to finally get it started. Once started I got out onto a open stretch and opened her up hoping to clear what ever caused it to die out. Well it then did again when some backfiring. I tried kicking it with no luck. So my brother towed my awhile. I put it into 4 gear and it started back up. I rode for a while and it did it again and again and again. Finally I was so upset I told him to go and get the truck and I would wait in the field for him. As I was waiting I turned the gas of and tipped it back as if I were washing the under carriage looking for any signs of issues. I put it back on all fours and turned the gas back on and kicked it over and it started right up. I rode for about a hour after this without and issues should I take it to the dealer and have them look at it or just ride. Thanks in advance. JB

fastyz85
04-17-2006, 10:39 AM
i would clean the carb before riding again, but if that doesn't work just call the dealer.

therockstar
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey man, this thing isnt a waverunner! lol

tofst4u
04-17-2006, 12:51 PM
ya I know but it was way to fun to pass up. I have never ever had any problems doing this with my other quads what gives. Are there any things that I should worry about? I feel real dumb now going into the water but my brother was going through deeper stuff then me and he was riding a 99 400ex. I should have heard the crap I had to go through the rest of the day about my R dieing on me. Like I said though I seems to be running fine now. Could I have got water in the vent hose?

awj8074
04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I had that problem i went through a tunnel under the highway and it was about 3 inches of water and when i came the other side it was 4feet and i sunk the quad. It took about 5 kicks to get it started and it was shooting water out the pipe but for the next few rides it was braking down on the top end. I dont know if something got wet but just incase i went out and got a new plug but it started running fine and i never put it in. All i can say is i thought i was ****ed when i had the thing in the water. I dont have a airbox lid so i thought the engine was going to hydrolock but im glad it didnt.

awj8074
04-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by tofst4u
ya I know but it was way to fun to pass up. I have never ever had any problems doing this with my other quads what gives. Are there any things that I should worry about? I feel real dumb now going into the water but my brother was going through deeper stuff then me and he was riding a 99 400ex. I should have heard the crap I had to go through the rest of the day about my R dieing on me. Like I said though I seems to be running fine now. Could I have got water in the vent hose? ive gone through streams that are up to the back fenders without any problems. It could have been cuz you were in the water for so long it found away into something but it probly was a freak thing and you shouldnt worry if its running fine now.

watts16
04-17-2006, 03:03 PM
the filter was probable wet. BTW Where do you ride at? I live in Pekin.