PDA

View Full Version : 400ex handlebars

smokey480
04-16-2006, 11:26 PM
I have an 05 400ex and I would like to possibly upgrade my handlebars but dont want to loose the neutral and reverse lights as well as the factory cover. The problem I have is that I think I want the double bars so I can mount my gps to it. First of all can someone tell me if they have done this and also if you think the gps will be ok mounted there. They make a handlebar mount for it but it seems like it would bounce around quite a bit. If anyone has any pictures with upgraded bars that would be great. Also if you have any recomendations as far as manufacturer and installation as well. I would appreciate any advice you can share... thanks

sixer3
04-19-2006, 02:17 PM
the lights are easy to remount anywhere on your plastic not interfering witht he gas tank right behind the plastic just pry the red and green plastic coverings and you'll have a rubber gromet or each which can be remounted, once you remove those covers that make the light green or red you'll notice how the mount in there, the key is also do-able with a 1in holesaw, and if you notice the clips u can either sand down 2 small slots in the plastic so that it is thin enough to let the clips securely fasten the key or just put a hoseclamp arouns it snug up against the plastic behind it of course.

the gps should be fine maybe some blue lic-tite to help keep it from jiggling loose, i reccomend a pro-taper atv mid s.e (7/8)

otherwise your choce in a 7/8" size bar is good, i also like renthals

email me if you want some pics of mine.. clss88@san.rr.com

p.s. dont pm me i hardly ever check pms