PDA

View Full Version : Quad tech seat kit

quallerd
04-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I'm looking for some opinions on a new quad tech seat kit or seat cover plus foam.

First off, I'm pretty sure that I want to get a quad tech seat becasue (from what I can tell) they seem to be the best out there rite now. However, if someone knows of something nicer, please let me know!

Here comes the real question, has anyone in here ridden on the QT TRX 450R SC-1 Hump; this is there new seat with the hump. I have mixed feeling about this seat, but have no experience to back it up. Does anyone know if Quad Tech added additional foam in the rear to form the hump or did they remove foam from the front to create the hump. Also, does the hump have any tendancy to hit you in the butt while riding over whoops or any other rough terrain while standing? How much more comfortable is this seat over the stock seat? How does it look on the bike? Can you post any pics of it installed? Are the dimensions the same as the original seat (not the plus)? Does it provide any additional benefit over stock?

I ride just about everything... mx, xc, desert, dunes, trail, you name it!

I'm basically looking for any opinions from anyone who has experience with this seat. Thanks allot!

BTW, here it is:

Shawn Hess
04-16-2006, 10:01 PM
The Hump seat works very well. It reduces the amount of strain on your arms while riding. It does hit you when riding over rough terrain, but after a little riding you dont even feel it. The seat is great and I highly recommend it to riders of all skill level. Obviously those who race notice the benefits more though.

blakefoote
04-17-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by quallerd
I'm looking for some opinions on a new quad tech seat kit or seat cover plus foam.

First off, I'm pretty sure that I want to get a quad tech seat becasue (from what I can tell) they seem to be the best out there rite now. However, if someone knows of something nicer, please let me know!

Here comes the real question, has anyone in here ridden on the QT TRX 450R SC-1 Hump; this is there new seat with the hump. I have mixed feeling about this seat, but have no experience to back it up. Does anyone know if Quad Tech added additional foam in the rear to form the hump or did they remove foam from the front to create the hump. Also, does the hump have any tendancy to hit you in the butt while riding over whoops or any other rough terrain while standing? How much more comfortable is this seat over the stock seat? How does it look on the bike? Can you post any pics of it installed? Are the dimensions the same as the original seat (not the plus)? Does it provide any additional benefit over stock?

I ride just about everything... mx, xc, desert, dunes, trail, you name it!

I'm basically looking for any opinions from anyone who has experience with this seat. Thanks allot!

BTW, here it is:

my friend has the one in that picture...he has the foam inserts also...I love his seat but you'll pay the price$$$$$

xsr_racing28c
04-17-2006, 07:58 AM
I have an all black hump seat being built for me right now, and Janssen should be getting it in later this week for me. I can't wait. I think the full seat is like $190 or so, i didn't pay for mine yet..

Colby@C&DRacing
04-17-2006, 09:05 AM
I have that seat on my 04 450r and can't say enough good things about it. It is very plush and the gripper is just enough. At first I was worried that it would be to high and that it would feel tippy but it doesn't. I can still get really aggressive in the corners and not feel that seat pan kicking me in the butt in the ruff stuff.

quallerd
04-17-2006, 02:07 PM
So, do you have the

QT TRX 450R SC-1 PLUS

or the

QT TRX 450R SC-1 Hump

I am more interested in the Hump. Also, what do you guys charge for the complete seat kit (cover and foam)? It is my understanding that quadtech doesn't make a coplete seat with the cover and foam already installed on the seat pan, so I'll wind up having to reuse the old seat pan and staple this cover/foam to it.