PDA

View Full Version : crhye250r your mail box is full,look in here

QuadRacer041
08-01-2002, 05:52 PM
hey man, i got my swingarm today and am having a slight problem. its all together but the brake mounting braket isnt lining up right with the caliper,the front bolt closest to the engine isnt lining up. i cant get the bolt through, its hitting the swingarm rail. if i rotate the carrier i can get the bolt on but then i cant roatae it after that cause the bolt hits. did u have any such problem.
here it is.

Clay
08-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Come to think of it, I had the same problem. I just mounted it up as best I could. Its worked well since, but the bracket is loose.:rolleyes:

Null95
08-01-2002, 08:01 PM
Me and my Dad can make the bracket so i need 400ex A-arms and tie-rods one more Q is $50 good more 400ez A-arms

Clay
08-01-2002, 11:32 PM
Quad041, i had to take a link out of my chain to make the setup work right. Now its all cool though. ONe thing i liked about that swingarm was the way the linkage mounted to it, the way the bolt held itself. I found that quite nifty.

Null95, i have no idea what the **** you're talking about. I think that was supposed to be in another thread. LOL. It almost appears you are talking in code. LOL. :huh

QuadRacer041
08-02-2002, 03:36 AM
i dont know if taken a link out would work, it would help but i wont get much adjustment from the chain, i have call rpm.ill let u know how i make out.
see how close it is.

400MXer
08-03-2002, 12:46 PM
I have a RPM millenium carrier on my stock swingarm, and i have the same problem, all i did was rotate my carrier, you should be able to make your chain tight by rotating your carrier in the opposite direction, it worked on my 400. But it may be diff for 250r's.

Also, do you have any more pics of that swingarm, how do you like it. I'm either going to get an RPM or a Leager swingarm, which would you recomend. What was the wait on the RPM, what colors can you get it in. Thanx a lot in advance.

QuadRacer041
08-03-2002, 02:18 PM
well i talked to rpm and there sending me there semi adjustable brake plate which rotates the brake caliper 18degrees rearward which they said should solve my problem. we'll see, ill put up pics of it when i get it.

the rpm swingarm looks strong as he11, all i can say is dont buy a lonestar!