PDA

View Full Version : Need carb help.....

nowukno
04-16-2006, 07:20 PM
I have always had the local honda shop do my jetting but i want to do it my self this time. I have never took off the carb before. Is there a step by step somewhere on how to take off the carb and install new jets. If not can someone post how to do it. Thanks

Quadster450
04-17-2006, 10:37 AM
looks like you've got a 05 - different carbs so i can't help you there but try the How To forum or do a search. Also, if you get a honda service manual, it'll help too

fandl450r
04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by nowukno
I have always had the local honda shop do my jetting but i want to do it my self this time. I have never took off the carb before. Is there a step by step somewhere on how to take off the carb and install new jets. If not can someone post how to do it. Thanks

Well if you are looking to only change the main jet. Lets say to a larger one. Its fairly simple. There is a cover on the bottom of the carb that you unscrew with a wrench, I want to say its a 12mm. And inside there, the jet will be a 8mm. When I do jet it, I usually leave the carb on, less hassle.

juiced450r
04-17-2006, 06:20 PM
The cap on the bottom is 17mm and the main jet is 6mm. Just leave the carb on to do the jetting.