PDA

View Full Version : lettin the hybrid go....

redrider311
04-16-2006, 06:54 PM
ok well after weeks of fighting myself over it i finally decided i am going to be selling my hybrid... :(.. what i need from you guys is to tell me what you guys think its worth...

heres the basics and ill try to get some pics up..

Chassis--
frame-year 2000 gusseted in 03
A-arms- Burgard +2
Rods- Lonestart +2
Swinger- Lonestart +3
Axle- LSR Axcalibur +2/+4
Works Tripple Rates with remote Rezzies
Works Re-built Rear

Engine--
2003 Yamaha YZ426- Rebuilt by Tom Carlson (TC Racing)
Decompression cam
Kickstart extension
stock header W/ TC shorty Pipe
CR flat slide Carb
Custom oil tank and lines
250R radiator
Custom air boot and air box

Wheels tires--
douglas wheels heat painted black..
Maxxis RAZR's all around (6ply)

Misc.--
Maier Race cut plastics- 2004
Ac Nerfs modified for frame
kill switch
Oneal Bars
motion pro cables
Foot peg kick-ups
Nac's Bar clamp
DG bumper
sunstar rear sproket
DID Chain
Uni filter..
and other little odds and ends

I also have atleast 50 extra parts ranging anywhere from plastics to a kandN from paddles to an extra wiring harness that i will also include to the buyer.. This bike has NEVER! i repeat NEVER been raced since the rebuild of the quad and the engine.. it made its debut trip to the track a few months back and O LA LA! :)

its hard to let it go but i think i really need to sell it now because if i sell it next year after its been raced the value will drop immensly (sp)... sorry for such a long post but if you guys could help me out with a price thatd be great..

thanks guys..

mark

redrider311
04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
well heres some older pics.. this was before the custom oil tank custom air box were installed and the rear fenders got a little bit of rouding and the nerf bars were customized to make room for the oil tank.. but you guys get the basic idea... :p

redrider311
04-16-2006, 07:07 PM
another one..

Honda TRX250ex
04-16-2006, 07:30 PM
wow man that is bad ***. why are you letting it go?
id say its worth at least 7 or more grand IMO.

redrider311
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
well the reason i am selling it is because during football this year i ruptured 4 discs and dislodged a vertebre in my lower back and i wont be able to race at all this year and i figure i can sell it now and then pick up another bike next winter.. i didnt wanna put all the work into this quad to watch it sit ya know? so i want someone to race it..

trx400exxracer
04-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I would love to have that that is a nice quad where do you live

antman
04-16-2006, 08:04 PM
that is a really sweet quad!!!!

redrider311
04-17-2006, 03:25 PM
so how sohuld i go about selling it? take it to the track or put it up online or what do you think? ebay? can i set a reserve or something so i dont get completely screwed? any help would be great ive never sold a quad before.. thanks guys.. and what do you guys all tihnk about a price..

JRP
04-17-2006, 03:34 PM
easily 7,500, IMO

quads14589
04-17-2006, 03:53 PM
ya

redrider311
04-17-2006, 04:06 PM
so if i put it on ebay with a reserve at like 8 grand and it doesnt sell no one hurt right? i mean its not like i ahve to sell it right away so i can take my time and find a price ill be satisfied with.. what do you guys think i should do?

416exmx
04-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
so if i put it on ebay with a reserve at like 8 grand and it doesnt sell no one hurt right? i mean its not like i ahve to sell it right away so i can take my time and find a price ill be satisfied with.. what do you guys think i should do?

Sorry to say it but I dont think it will bring 8K. Ive got a NICE CRF quad and cant even get anyone to look at $5900. I bid on a FULL Walsh CRF on ebay and the auction ended with me high bidder at $4000 and I was the only one to bid. Dont take my post offensive, just giving my opinion. Ask the other guys that posted above how many quads they have bought/sold on ebay, or how many hybrids they have even had for that matter. Whatever you descide, the best of luck to you sellin.

redrider311
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
hey man no offensive taken at all.. i completely understand where your comin from.. all i can do is set a reserve and if it doesnt sell at that ill set it lower and lower and eventually the right offer will be made hopefully... :p

416exmx
04-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by redrider311
hey man no offensive taken at all.. i completely understand where your comin from.. all i can do is set a reserve and if it doesnt sell at that ill set it lower and lower and eventually the right offer will be made hopefully... :p

I about didnt post anyting because I love hybrids and hate people rippin on them about price, but its reality. I have had luck selling some of mine locally also. You are right though, with time you will find the "right" guy out there that wants it.