PDA

View Full Version : thinking of getting rid of the rappie!

tater_kamik
04-16-2006, 02:38 PM
im very seriously thinking of getting the suzuki ltr 450, and parting out my raptor. i have tons of aftermarket parts that are all in perfect condition, and very low hours on the quad. what do yall think? should i make the switch?

mdidonne
04-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Dude go for it. I hear alot of good things about the zuke. Let me know, im interested in some of your parts.

RaptorRacer45
04-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah i might just be intrested in a few also

tater_kamik
04-16-2006, 03:54 PM
i have heard a lot of great things about the suzuki as well, but a few bad things such as the frames cracking around the rear shock, and tranny issues. after looking at a dyno chart posted in the ltr forum, i am convinced that the ltr has a very potent motor in its stock form and will do well with mods. i also love the efi and the light weight, but mostly i love the suspension. i dont want to mess with it much aftermarket wise if i do not have to so i think the ltr will be the best choise for a new quad. as for parts, here is what i have!
686 motor ported and polished, hinson basket, gytr clutches, 12.5:1 compression, stage 2 hotcam low hours on motor, new stator doesnt smoke
clean frame with papers no cracks or rewelds
works front and rear shocks set up for 160lb rider mx perfect condition
+2 burgard a arms
+2 swinger from t-dub racing
adjustable width from +2 to +4 gforce axle perfect condition
holeshot mxr 19" with itp 190 and reinforced lip still have some of the nub things on the side of the tires
holeshot mxr4 18" rear 190 itp, also have some of the nub things
rear brake sys with brake blockoff and steel braided lines from streamline
front braks sys perfect condition with steel braided lines from streamline
all spindles, front have been reamed for the a arms but all in perfect condition
burgard +1 anti vib steering stem chrome perfect condition
fly handlebar with scott grip (blue)
twist grip with scott grip (blue)
plastics in great condition, just a few stress marks, not very noticable at all especially with stickers that i have on them. there is an graphics kit on there as well.
full white bros e series exhaust perfect condition
alba nerf bars, perfect condition
air box with billet holder for k&n no lid
stock carbs
all of the other random stuff too, and some stock parts too

2004exrider
04-16-2006, 07:04 PM
I'd be kinda nervous about buying a first year quad. I was looking at one at a dealership they do look like they're set up pretty good, its mufflers kinda funny looking the thing is huge and the opening doesnt even look like its an inch wide. That'd be the first thing i'd replace if i bought one:eek:

Jimmy

tater_kamik
04-16-2006, 07:29 PM
i like the muffler a lot actually, and any stock quad has a tiny opening due to meissions, db requirements etc. the exhaust is made by yoshimura and has a baffle that comes out. removing the baffle is getting very nice power gains for ltr owners. i am nervous about the fact that it is a first year quad, and that honda and yamaha need to respond somehow, and i would love to see what they do. there are some general things that i am hearing about the ltr, such as the shocks are too hard, when doing huge jumps, the brackets for the rear shock break, and that there are possible tranny issues. the tranny issues are not as bad as what the raptor first had but fixing a tranny isnt cheap if thats what will happen to the ltr... then i dont really want it. i will be going to our local dealership here to see what they will do, i might just end up with one monday!:D

ECATV Raptor
04-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Can you send pics of the nerfs and front shocks to raptor6r@verizon.net I might be interested.

tater_kamik
04-16-2006, 11:16 PM
i will put pics up when i decide to part it out, or i will just post some new pics of it if i dont. either way, i will put up some new pics!:cool:

killen them all
04-17-2006, 06:41 AM
if you do get it i want your radiator the aftermarket (pwr) 1 you have in you rebuild thread

what do you want for it

tater_kamik
04-17-2006, 11:38 AM
i forgot to mention the radiator! good catch. i will have to do some pricing, everything is in perfect shape. i dont want to give the stuff away, but i will certainly not be asking retail by any means like some do... im about to call the dealership here in a minute!

tater_kamik
04-17-2006, 11:42 AM
oops, i forgot that bike shops are almost all closed on mondays! grrr, i want a new quad!

250r4life
04-17-2006, 12:11 PM
i'd hold on a bit longer if i was you... dont be in a rush... thats the biggest mistake buyers make, they let emotions control their thoughts and do stupid stuff... you've got a nice bike to ride in the meantime, just hold on a bit longer and wait till the suzuki is more proven or till they fix mistakes in year 2. otherwise you'll pay 8 grand to be a ginne pig, just like everybody else...

Robin Hood
04-17-2006, 05:34 PM
Guess we're both in the same boat. I'm selling my rap for the new suzuki too... Now all I need is a buyer. :blah:

tater_kamik
04-18-2006, 12:19 AM
i have been thinking about this for a while, i wanted to wait till next year but from a lack of negative comments i think i am ready ro get a new quad and start wrenching! i need a new project anyways, lol. i definately do not wish to be a guinea pig, but, atleast it isnt dropping the gears (yet) like the 01's did. you are absolutely right though, it is a lot of money and i need to be careful! darn hood, thats one less person to guy my parts!:D

killen them all
04-18-2006, 06:26 AM
let me know when you want to start parting it out i need the pwr radiator

tater_kamik
04-18-2006, 11:53 AM
the suzuki dealer ticked me off today so i guess im gonna keep the rappie! atleast until next years models come out. oh well.

Racing Rice
04-18-2006, 12:17 PM
I toyed with the idea of getting an LTR also, but I think I'd keep the Raptor if I did. If for no other reason, I'd keep it for my wife and friends to ride when I wanted someone to ride with. :D

I DO like the LTR though. I'd wait until next year as well, and see if they make any changes from the '06.

tater_kamik
04-18-2006, 10:18 PM
true! i dont have a significant other that lasts more than a month usually so... plus i do not let people that are not used to twist throttles ride it, just a little too much quad for many and easy to get in some trouble!

Racing Rice
04-19-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
true! i dont have a significant other that lasts more than a month usually so... plus i do not let people that are not used to twist throttles ride it, just a little too much quad for many and easy to get in some trouble!

I can respect that. Twist throttle on a quad can be trouble if you aren't use to it. I had a blaster with one, it took me a while to get the feeling for it. I couldn't imagine a Raptor. :eek2: :D

rap 660
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
hey how much for the plus twoarms and if u have a pipe im interested in that to so email me back
email-streetracer_118@yahoo.com
thanks zach

tater_kamik
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
right now im going to keep it, im buying a now sport bike so i dont have the money to get another new toy this year lol. i will let yall know if i decide to do anything different. but i am selling an 01 gsxr 750 if you are interested in that!!