PDA

View Full Version : is it worth the money to get a lsr mx axle????

400exBro
08-01-2002, 04:00 PM
my dad and i have been talking about this for a long time now, about when i race next year that i don' need to spend the 350$ to buy a lsr axle and make the 400 sit +4 inchs wider ( now is that on one side or is that all together +2 r side and +2 on l side), now is it worth it for mx racing ?????
i have to save up for a track and insurance for the truck so i was just wondering if it is really worth it, also list pros and cons for the lsr axle so i can show my dad and then he will let me buy it??????
thanks a lot, and make it look like it is very nescary.
lata
Bro

wyndzer
08-01-2002, 04:11 PM
It is worth it, I bent mine from a roll over and they fixed it free.It will make it 1 inch wider on each side, or 2 on each side if you choose.

400exBro
08-01-2002, 08:13 PM
what about the landing a little off ( one wheel lower than the other and vise versa) they will break the swing arm??? is this true???
and if hit a free with one wheel it will pul the swing arm out of the pivot spot thing on the frame???? ( i am extremly tired so i can't think clearly)
thnxs
Bro

wyndzer
08-01-2002, 08:38 PM
You've got to wreck very hard to break things like that.

bansheeguy77
08-01-2002, 09:32 PM
it is definately one of the best things u can buy...u can never ride a stock length quad again. when i put mine on my 400 i was like ehh it looks cool but then took it for a real test with some high speed turns and its unbelievable how much faster u can take turns....u can basically go as fast as u want around a turn where a stocker would have cartwheeled 20 times by now. u feel like tim farr goin around its so cool cause it will just break loose never 2 wheel. their easy to adjust to...their wider than stock but still not horrible for woods...trust me. i went bushwacking for like a mile on some rough/tight **** and the lsr didnt get me stuck...sure it hits hte absolutly tight stuff where the front just squeezes through...but if ur in that tight ur not gonna be goin fast and u can find ur way through it...trust me u will love it.

Mxbubs
08-01-2002, 09:37 PM
I have broken an RPM, an LSR, and a Durablue eliminator.......Then I happen by chance to get a durablue x-33 axle, and to my surprise, this thing has turned out way tougher than any other axle.......I was a durablue hater, but I really think this hollow axle is the ticket. P.S. I bent my subframe and destroyed an aftermarket swingarm, this axle is still straight.

08-02-2002, 07:54 AM
Bro get the LSR axle it is well worth the money and makes a huge difference when riding on a track. Gettin all off kilter in the air and landing crooked is not a worry either,,I do it all the time,,if you wanna worry about something it's stayin on the quad when you do land crooked that's my biggest fear not braking something when landing crooked. It's not as hard on the swingarm, pivot bolt, and frame as you might think...it's probably harder on your axle carrier than anything...I wouldn't even wanna race MX without an extended axle...period... Make sure to get it from the quadshop thow,,,,much cheaper than all the other places.. Just stay away from durabreak,,,,I think mxbub got the one and only none bendable axle they sell..:huh

racer_ex55
08-02-2002, 10:25 AM
i have a durablue eliminator axle and i think they are great. i have crashed so hard that i bent the inside of my rim, bent my a-arm, snapped a ball joint and squashed my stem into my gas tank. The durablue was fine. not even the slightest bend. I think they are just as good as any other axle out there. The only thing that isn't as good is their warantee.

YLW400
08-02-2002, 11:43 AM
I have heard that durablue actually straightens their axles if you bend them, is this true??? Good way to keep all of your tensile strength....yea right

08-02-2002, 12:03 PM
I had a durablue for 8 months and it bent landing a jump..but I also bent my subframe and foot peg from the landing,,,and yes they staighten there axles if ther bent less than a certain amount...the replaced mine,,,then I sold it..:D

honda416exman
08-02-2002, 12:23 PM
Lonestar=#1

DURABEND
DURABREAK

lots of people have used the durablues and everyone breaks em. whats up wit that? i went to kandk again today and they say they would not recommend them.

just my .02

OutlawEX
08-02-2002, 01:03 PM
get the lsr axle,its a great set up and let me tell u they back uup there axle more than their swingarm garuntee's....:devil

08-02-2002, 07:45 PM
i have a lsr axle and its great it helped cornering alot more than i expected too but the shocks helped that too

Nausty
08-02-2002, 11:07 PM
I dunno about the lsr axle I would think you could put that money in something else because for me I think it would be to much of crutch for me right now. i still see need for more improvement through the corners before I buy one because i'm still not going through the berms perfect or like I want to be able too until I get a wider axle because then it would be just a crutch for my skills. Thats just me I guess.

08-03-2002, 09:52 AM
cough cough id get the lsr axle the axle will help your ability more and more and your skill will improve more

trx400ex
08-03-2002, 10:46 AM
yeah, i agree with #12, def. get the axle, i think its dangerous racing without one, unless you like doing cartwheels, on your quad

400exBro
08-04-2002, 02:08 PM
i will defintly look into it.
the only problem is that if i get it from quad shop for a cheaper price, i will have to pay a whole sh*t load of money trying to get it over the boader, i got slammed 110$ for shipping my shocks to my place from michigan, i was pissed off like ****, plus i have the currency exchange to worry about, unless i get a great deal (hint hint Jeff) i will buy it from quad shop but i will probably buy it from splash n' dirt for 700 cnd... cheaper on shipping
thnxs
Bro

400exBro
08-04-2002, 02:46 PM
the lsr axle is +4 right???
so that is +2 on right side and +2 on the left???

if so 2 inchs isn't that much of a defference in width, if it was 4 inchs on one side that would make a huge deffernce but i guess it would be a +8.
does anybody have pics of before and after to see how much of a defference it is???
thnxs
Bro

trx400ex
08-04-2002, 03:31 PM

trx400ex
08-04-2002, 03:38 PM

08-05-2002, 07:25 AM
Plus 2 inches on each side doesnt' seem like much,,,wait till you get it on there and ride,,,it'll feel like you got a +10 inche axle on it..:eek:

trx400ex
08-05-2002, 08:05 AM
yeah ricos right, ive also rode in alot fo woods with plus 4 axles, and ive never not been able to make it through a set of trees. sometimes i have to slow down to a first gear 1\4 throttle to slip thru... but ive never found it too wide as too get stuck....

Sparks425Ex
08-05-2002, 08:42 AM
Deff. worth it. I just got mine about a month ago and i don't know how i went with out it. I does also hep teh looks of your quad a bunch but when i put it to teh really test. I relized i was hooked. I can take corners so much faster and i feel more stable in the air. I would deff recommend getting one.

Ex_Rider43
08-05-2002, 02:48 PM
looks like this

BadA$$440
08-05-2002, 04:59 PM
How is the adjusting on it. I switch from MX to XC constently but i dont want to spend 30 min on it every time to adjust it to +2 or +4. Is the adjusting fast?

trx400ex
08-05-2002, 05:48 PM
yes, about 5 mins if you got all the tools laid out and ready

400exBro
08-05-2002, 08:03 PM
thanks a lot,
i'll tell once i made up my mind if i am going to race this year or not, i have talk to some people that have raced and they said it takes to much time off your hands that i am better of just enjoying it and riding on the tracks instead of risking you life for a 3$ trophie (bring back that old thead shouldi race or not or sumthing along those lines)...
lata
Bro

Btw jeff if you are reading this got any good deals on lsr axles and bearing carriers???

08-05-2002, 11:09 PM
yeah def get it......any mod is a crutch....u need mods in order to bring your confidence to a higher level and do the thhings its made for ...heres a pic of mine