PDA

View Full Version : Stock Suspension

Renagade
04-16-2006, 01:05 PM
The stock suspension on my LTR sucks. Its way to stiff and handles trail terrain like a bicycle with no shocks. Adjusting compression made little difference. There is an upside to my review.. My Elkas came in on friday. The bike now rides great. The Elkas are worth every cent.

zeus54
04-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Renagade
The stock suspension on my LTR sucks. Its way to stiff and handles trail terrain like a bicycle with no shocks. Adjusting compression made little difference. There is an upside to my review.. My Elkas came in on friday. The bike now rides great. The Elkas are worth every cent.

do you want to sell your stock shocks?

04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
The stock LTR shock do suck. I went to the MX track for the first time today and was really disappointed. I will be pickin up some PEP's soon.

tater_kamik
04-16-2006, 05:24 PM
what about just sending the shocks off to derisi? what dont yall like about the stock shocks? im thinking very seriously about getting one soon so i would like some feedback. thanks!

ST87
04-16-2006, 06:16 PM
From the factory ive heard the shock are set up for about a 210 pounder but guys that ive talked to that have them valved for there weight say that the stcok sock are comparable to custom axis shocks. I havent had mine revalved but yes they are very stiff but not bad when you case sumthin.

goldrims04
04-16-2006, 06:29 PM
i run xc with stock setup it works for me so did my honda450r i weigh 280 and i am 6'5 i had to do alot of ajustments to get it this way but between the stock honda and the suzuki the suzuki blows it away my tire set up helped with thwe ride alot

berge75
04-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I here you guys on the shocks,but they are getting softer with ride time. I noticed there starting to bottom out more on jumps,where they never came close when it was new.The worst is in the small stuff for me,you feel every little bump,but they do great on the bigger jumps. I'll prob. be doing a me to on the after market shocks,but i feel with a spring change,maybe some valving changes, these shocks would be fine.
The big ?...does it pay to buy shocks for the stock a arms,and stock rear linkage when you know they will have better ratios with after market arms,and links down the road ,which you won't be able to use those stock replacement shocks on?

Renagade
04-17-2006, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by zeus54
do you want to sell your stock shocks?

PM me an offer mate. I was going to put them on ebay.

ST87
04-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Whred you get your Elkas from? How much?

CdaleXtreme
04-17-2006, 08:20 AM
It takes a good 10 hours to break in the stock shocks completely.

Once the break in you will notice the stock springs are too soft, and will need to be replaced with a multi stage setup.

Its hard to hold a line in a corner because the vaugeness of the front springs, not giving any feedback.

The coolest thing about it is, when there is body roll, it doesnt two wheel like the quads before it. It just lifts the insinde rear wheel and causes a little less than desirable handling.

Better than any other stock shocks? Hek yeah. Could they even better? definetly.

Aside from cornering, and hard landings the front shocks are as plush, and smooth as any aftermarket set I have ever used.

The rear shock is a joke, and needs to either be replaced or revalved with a revised linkage.

I used the Fox with a Walsh link on mine, and it is better than my last years 450R Walsh Savior / Elka setup.

bradley300
04-17-2006, 08:53 AM

what did you expect out of mx shocks? :confused: there not valved for trail riding, of course they suck

Renagade
04-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ST87
Whred you get your Elkas from? How much?

I bought the Elkas directly from Elka. Couldn't find a web site with a better deal. They require your social security number for customs. I thought that was odd.
Fronts
Sport & Racing: Pair adjustable in compression only, in remote reservoir or piggyback reservoir:

Triple rate spring set up with self-sagging device: $895.00 Us

Rear

Sport & Racing: Dual rate rear shock with a self-sagging device: $875.00 Us

Santo DeRisi
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
We are going to have full XC and MX kits available soon for the New suzuki. We will let everyone know when everything is available!

bwamos
04-28-2006, 09:21 AM
They require your social security number for customs. I thought that was odd.\

That's because they are custom built shocks. It's so you can't back out of the deal after they've spent the money and time to build you a custom set.

Renagade
04-29-2006, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by bwamos
That's because they are custom built shocks. It's so you can't back out of the deal after they've spent the money and time to build you a custom set.

What are they going to do? Hold the number Ransom till you pay. Lol The shocks are paid for before they make them. The shocks are actually made the same as any other one they make. They just spring them and dial them in according to their models. Their could be allot more ramifications than you may think with the social or tax ID number they asked for. Sales tax are the first that comes in mind to me. They could be correct about the customs wanting it but I think next time I will order them from a distributer in the USA to avoid problems.

Santo DeRisi
05-01-2006, 11:20 AM
If anyone wants elka just give us a call or a PM and i promise that we can beat anyones price and you will also not need to wory about the customs and social security #

wyldelee
05-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Hey Santo,

Are you able to setup the stockers for XC yet ?

Santo DeRisi
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I do have a LTR here but i do not have kits ready YET but i will. We hope to have kits ready here in a few more weeks. So just check in with me.