PDA

View Full Version : Bare gusset kit

Quadprorider
04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
I saw this Bare performance gusset kit on ebay for the ltr. Any idea exactly where these each of the pieces go? Thanks, Nick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LT-R450-New-Bare-Performance-Gusset-Kit-LTR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQitemZ4630767 260QQrdZ1

Quadprorider
04-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Link doesn't work but here is the listing number:

Item number: 4630767260

armoks
04-16-2006, 12:36 PM
You don't need it you don't get that much air:blah:

Quadprorider
04-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes Cristopher.....but on a more serious note, where do they go mister smart *****? LOL:D

armoks
04-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
Yes Cristopher.....but on a more serious note, where do they go mister smart *****? LOL:D

On the FRAME:blah:

jfarrar30
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
they go everywhere but where they are needed.theonly are that may need attention is the rear linkage mount on the frame.a selecst few have broken.i have aired mine out reall big and have bottomed it plenty of times and have not had any issues.bare basically bought an ltr took a guess as to where to gusset and made the kit.there are plenty of gussets in the factory frame in weak areas.save your money.

CdaleXtreme
04-17-2006, 07:10 AM
the stinkin frame is heavy enough, no need to gusset it. Have you seen any cracks?

Quadprorider
04-17-2006, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen any cracks but I am just wondering where they go off from deciding whether or not an area needs a gusset.....Maybe they know something that we don't on some high stress crack areas? Just a thought..........

armysig
04-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Quadprorider
I saw this Bare performance gusset kit on ebay for the ltr. Any idea exactly where these each of the pieces go? Thanks, Nick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-LT-R450-New-Bare-Performance-Gusset-Kit-LTR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43972QQitemZ4630767 260QQrdZ1

If you have a question about your gusset kit send BARE Performance an email. Matt or Ty will be able to help you with the placement of each piece.

support@bareperformance.com

Good luck with the kit. Matt just finished designing them and it's suppose to give the frame a lot of new strength. You shouldn't have any problems.

BarePerformance
04-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Thank you for your interest. In response to your question there are 14 total pieces in our kit. After extensive R&D and past experience, we determined these were the areas where the frame needs additional reinforcement. At the time the kit was designed we looked at the rear linkage mount problem. We did not come up with an acceptable solution as that is a very difficult area to reinforce. We reccomend to our customers that they reinforce the rear with weld and keep in eye on it. If it shows signs of cracking contact your dealer immediately.

Suzuki did well with this frame, but nothing is perfect. It is only a matter of time until this frames will also need additional reinforcement. It is your choice whether to do it now or wait until it becomes a larger issue.

As for the issue of weight, our kit weighs right around a pound, I dont think you will notice a difference.

Should you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us at, 765 744 0320.

Matt
mattbare@bareperformance.com