PDA

View Full Version : I Feel Ripped Off!!!!!!

motoxgirl419
04-16-2006, 10:35 AM
:grr: I'm not sure if anyone has ever raced at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids, but I'll never go back.
We raced there last night and it was a horrible experience. When we saw the line up and seen that mostly all the quad classes were combined. All the lil kids classes were all in one class. Super modified, modified, and stock all raced in the same class. (No matter their age) All the bike classes were broke down in their correct classes so why wasnt the quads?
Now for the worst part. When going up to get their winnings....I noticed that there was a kid who raced a lil motorcycle and he had a really nice trophy. So I was all excited cause it looked like this place went all out for the kids. Anyways, my kid went up there to get hers and she got a lil mini plaque. eek:.. So why didn't they get the nice trophys? All the bikes got trophys and the quads got lil plaques. I felt ripped off. We drove over 3 hours and spent tons of money at this track, didn't get to race our last moto due to lightning, and we come home with something different than the bikes. It just doesnt make any sense to me.
I really feel like they catered more to the bikes with the overall treatment we got from the get go.
At least she got something, but when she saw those kid's trophys and then her lil plaque...she was sad.
Should I be upset about this? Anyone got any opinions?

insaneracin2003
04-16-2006, 10:46 AM
since i have started racing, bike were always the THING,there a bunch more bike out there than there is quads.It is a shame to say but it is the truth.quads are coming though,more and more quads are showing up at the track but i honestly dont think they will get to numbers of bikes :ermm:

insaneracin2003
04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
it is a shame that the kids dont receive the same trophies,wether it be quads or bikes.tell your child to keep there heads up and be glad they did get something.....although a shame of the track to do something like this.....

Iliketogofast
04-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'd be pissed. Your kid placed the same as the bike kid and got a trophy and she just got a plaque?

Bullcrap!

Winning is winning - she should have gotten the same!

motoxgirl419
04-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
since i have started racing, bike were always the THING,there a bunch more bike out there than there is quads.It is a shame to say but it is the truth.quads are coming though,more and more quads are showing up at the track but i honestly dont think they will get to numbers of bikes :ermm:

Yea , but we all paid the same entry fee. So why be treated any different is the thing I am upset about. Those trophy emblems pop off and can be changed for the quads. Or hell, I wouldnt even care if it did have a bike emblem on it. But seriously these plaques were tiny.
And with the classes, I don't care if they run in the same race, but to be all put in the same class is unheard of.
My kid is very pleased with herself for going out and giving it all she had. She finished 5th up against some very fast super modified quads. So we couldnt be any more pleased with her.

motoxgirl419
04-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Yeah, I'd be pissed. Your kid placed the same as the bike kid and got a trophy and she just got a plaque?

Bullcrap!

Winning is winning - she should have gotten the same!

That's the exact way I feel.

Warnerade
04-16-2006, 02:49 PM
a lotta times bike get treated better...just the way it is.

450RGNCC
04-16-2006, 03:38 PM
People on motorcycles always get A+ treatment and can get away with anything, but people on quads always get the cold shoulder and get blamed for the stupid crap that people on motorcycles do. Almost ALL tracks and riding areas are like this, and to find one that isnt is very rare. Luckily the place that I have started racing harescramlbes realizes how much business quads bring and how we should be treated the same, so we are given most of the same privelages as the bikes.

antman
04-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 450RGNCC
People on motorcycles always get A+ treatment and can get away with anything, but people on quads always get the cold shoulder and get blamed for the stupid crap that people on motorcycles do. Almost ALL tracks and riding areas are like this, and to find one that isnt is very rare. Luckily the place that I have started racing harescramlbes realizes how much business quads bring and how we should be treated the same, so we are given most of the same privelages as the bikes.
so true... maby it will change some day :ermm:

motoxgirl419
04-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Of all the places we have raced at over the last 3 yrs, we have never experienced anything quite like this. I guess I got something to look forward to.:rolleyes:
I can't believe more of you don't complain to AMA. We pay the same amount to race as the riders on dirt bikes. So therefor should be treated the same.

Warnerade
04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
have you complained to the AMA yet? It is nothing that the AMA can realy do about...if the track you racd at did this, and its an AMA track..then yes, you should be writing a letter. Every AMA track i've ever raced on, quads get to start with the gates, they might combine two classes together, but only if they are small.

I know of a track that sponsors itself by making its own organization and they trat quads like ****...but oh well.

MotoX3
04-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Thats wierd....CR isnt far from me(I dont race there) but the places I do race treat quads just the same as bikes:ermm:

motoxgirl419
04-16-2006, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
Thats wierd....CR isnt far from me(I dont race there) but the places I do race treat quads just the same as bikes:ermm:

Well that was the first time we went there as well. And like I said before, we have never been anywhere that he have been treated like that. That was all new to me. I think I'm gonna call em tommorrow and just ask em why there was a difference in the winnings.

QuadJunkies
04-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
then your lucky cause most tracks its not that kind of relationship.
I think in some ways its getting better but its got a LONG ways to go.

I agree with what was said-She should have got equal, I would have been angry too!

JIMTED79
04-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I think its total BS that your kid got treated like that but look how long its been sense quads have been in, the 450's are only a few years old now. The 90's were a joke for quads and dirt bikes got really big but It's slowly coming around for us.

motoxgirl419
04-17-2006, 05:28 PM
This is my own opinion:
But I prefer to watch quads racing more than bikes. Gives me more of a thrill.
Well next time we get treated like that at a track... I'm gonna be prepared to cause a scene. The only reason why I didn't go up to the booth was due to the rain.
:rolleyes:

motoxgirl419
04-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Well, believe it or not, we went back to the track last night. We had a streak of our own bad luck. My daughter's quad broke down in practice. A friend of ours was nice enough to let her ride on an extra quad he brought along. She had a hard time getting used to that quad, so she didn't place as high. But she had a great time and jumped very well. So we are pleased.
We talked to the track owner about spliting up the classes like other AMA tracks would. He admitted to us that he didn't know much about quads. And wasn't understanding what we were talking about. He had no idea what a super modified 90cc was compared to a production. We tried to explain. After talking with him for awhile, he said he couldnt tonight but might look into it in the future. But that doesnt look very promising.
Then, we seen that they only handed out winnings up to 3rd. place instead of 5th like last weekend. ( and the turnout was better this weekend than last) And quads again got handed plaques instead of trophys like the dirt bikes.
I've learned to accept that this track just isnt quad nor kid friendly.
We will still travel and check out other tracks. :D

insaneracin2003
04-23-2006, 10:30 AM
did you ask him why the kids on bikes were getting trophies and the kids on quads were getting plaques? i still think it is bullpoop but at least the kids are getting sumthin. tell your child to keep there head up and realize you can fill a wall with plaques also :macho

motoxgirl419
04-23-2006, 10:46 AM
did you ask him why the kids on bikes were getting trophies and the kids on quads were getting plaques? i still think it is bullpoop but at least the kids are getting sumthin. tell your child to keep there head up and realize you can fill a wall with plaques also :macho

No I didn't ask. I decided not to create any scenes. I thought about it, and it won't change anything. I just won't go back there. They aren't only doing it to kids but to all quad riders. But hey, I tried to voice my opinion and obviously it didn't change anything. Yea she has a big wall filled with plaques. Soon she will be working on another wall. :p

QuadJunkies
04-23-2006, 07:23 PM
well, we just had an experience today like this... dirt bikers got pics on Trophies, they TRIED to pass off a 5.00 gift cert. for 1st place to the minis!!:mad: Thy actually done it to alot of the riders,we ended up going back telling them we did not want it and wanted a trophy, they ended up giving us a 6th place and tore off the 6TH PLACE number and handing it to us.... WOW..:rolleyes:

04-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Get used to it. At least the ppl on the bikes arent telling u to take ur farm equipment home.. that one really pisses me off :mad:

insaneracin2003
04-24-2006, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Get used to it. At least the ppl on the bikes arent telling u to take ur farm equipment home.. that one really pisses me off :mad:
ooohhh,that would really pisss me offff:cuss: can you say rooost to the face!!!!!

Mxjunkie
04-24-2006, 08:22 AM
I remeber racing minis and the dirtbike riders parents were the WORST people to deal with, it's either their way or nothing at all. It's sad.. The bikes now at most tracks have to race first because our " Track Groomers " ruin their lines. If anything we give them a fresh track to tear up.

I want to get my little brother in racing but I honestly dont want something like that to happen to him. I remeber how awesome it was to get a trophie when I was a kid :)

QuadJunkies
04-24-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Honda MaNiAc 01
Get used to it. At least the ppl on the bikes arent telling u to take ur farm equipment home.. that one really pisses me off :mad: No.. instead they tell us we race LazYboyz

I think its cool watching everyone airing out a Sofa!! :blah: :macho :p

JR3
04-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by motoxgirl419
Yea , but we all paid the same entry fee. So why be treated any different is the thing I am upset about. Those trophy emblems pop off and can be changed for the quads. Or hell, I wouldnt even care if it did have a bike emblem on it. But seriously these plaques were tiny.
And with the classes, I don't care if they run in the same race, but to be all put in the same class is unheard of.
My kid is very pleased with herself for going out and giving it all she had. She finished 5th up against some very fast super modified quads. So we couldnt be any more pleased with her.

call up and let them know changes need to be made or you a say your friends and people that go with you will not go back and we will influence people to not go to your track. Something like that if they say whatever then f them dont go back and spread the word around about how bad they are but if they change then encourage more quads to come.

motoxgirl419
04-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by JR3
call up and let them know changes need to be made or you a say your friends and people that go with you will not go back and we will influence people to not go to your track. Something like that if they say whatever then f them dont go back and spread the word around about how bad they are but if they change then encourage more quads to come.

We did try and talk to them. Honestly, he just didn't seem interested to hear what we had to say. He kinda avoided us when he heard we wanted to talk to him. And we were even polite and shook his hand and everything. We explained our concerns and he was so confused. He had no idea about anything related to quads.
I'm not going back for the simple fact of not treating everyone equally. They try to run a tight ship, but screw people around doing it. Sucks, specially when some of those people happen to be kids.

insaneracin2003
04-24-2006, 10:52 AM
motoxgirl419 where is quincy,il? just curious cause i here the byron track is pretty good with quads

motoxgirl419
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
motoxgirl419 where is quincy,il? just curious cause i here the byron track is pretty good with quads

Ummmm, I'm not sure where byron is. The best way to describe where Quincy is located, is to say it's about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis Mo. It's on the border of Illinois and Missouri. Not to far from the southeast tip of Iowa.
But now you got my curiousity going.....I'm gonna have to look into the byron track...:devil:

insaneracin2003
04-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by motoxgirl419
Ummmm, I'm not sure where byron is. The best way to describe where Quincy is located, is to say it's about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis Mo. It's on the border of Illinois and Missouri. Not to far from the southeast tip of Iowa.
But now you got my curiousity going.....I'm gonna have to look into the byron track...:devil:
my brother lives in aurora,il. he used to race dirtbikes out at byron so i dint think it is too far from chicago,but i can be wrong.ill call him tonight and find out for ya.

rbgnwa45
04-25-2006, 07:10 AM
If the guy was confused when you brought up quads he must not be an avid participator in anything other than bikes and that's just weird because most people that ride anything also have an interest in other recreational vehicles like snowmobiles/waverrunners/4x4 trucks/annnnd quads.
If anything they should recognize the skill level needed to race ATVs, and maybe even cater their ignorance to dirtbikes. How they handled the trophies is crap, especially with kids :rolleyes: . IMO, I don't care bout no trophy, I'd just be there to ride :) .

motoxgirl419
04-25-2006, 10:29 AM
my brother lives in aurora,il. he used to race dirtbikes out at byron so i dint think it is too far from chicago,but i can be wrong.ill call him tonight and find out for ya.

That would be great .. thank you.

rbgnwa45, I think that guy we talked to was only in it for the money. but that's just my opinion.