PDA

View Full Version : dISTRICT #17...NEWBIE

DEVINF450R
04-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Hey guys I am wantin to get started racing in district 17 but I ahve never raced before and I was wondering how competetive beginner classes are.

400exmom
04-16-2006, 09:32 AM
d-17 is very competitve~ like everywhere you have sandbaggers in every class unfortunately... just jump in and race the C class and see where you stand~ just have fun and good luck!!

dirtriderex
04-16-2006, 10:01 AM
every year the sandbaggers are moved to A though:D

400exmom
04-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by dirtriderex
every year the sandbaggers are moved to A though:D LMAO~ yer kidding me right

FHKracingZ
04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
District 17 is probally the fastest district in the midwest. A class quads in District 17 hauls serious balls.

tazman7
04-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I just started out and I race C at Byron- I crashed last week so hopefully I will be back next Sunday or the following Sunday.

dirtriderex
04-16-2006, 11:39 AM
400exmom quote: LOL

QUADROOKIE
04-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Are you talking MX or XC?

DEVINF450R
04-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I am wanting to try both. is there a set-up that I can do that will allow me to be competitive in both? but I really want to do MX more than XC

shaff107
04-16-2006, 04:45 PM
moto49X ... i was gonna come say hey to ya at Casey this weekend on saturday but u werent in your trailor when i came by must have been out walkn around. how u do ?

motox450
04-16-2006, 06:08 PM
every class in 17 are competative, and all classes have sandbaggers. I raced 250c on bikes and did very well and then i was moved up to b. I gave up bikes and started racing quads last year. The quad classes are just as and in some cases more competative than the bike classes. I will tell you last years fall classic the winner of the quad a class was running like a 2:23 lap time and the winner in quad b was running a 2:24. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about the baggers but better ourselves until we are the baggers and get moved up or move up ourselves. I have raced at almost every track in illinois so if you want track info let me know.

dirtriderex
04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Shaff, man what was your problem. You were ramming me in that one lane creek bed that we had to navigate through. Two people told me you were doing that. And there was all ready a line of people in front of me so I could not go any faster. But what ever, it's all good

shaff107
04-17-2006, 09:11 AM
dirt u must have me confused with some one else there man cuz i didnt hit anyone other the a couple guys in the A class .... but what ever if u think that i did no skin off my back next u will get the heck out of the way if u know that your going to get lapped then why not get the heck out of the way ..... !

KILLAQuad
04-17-2006, 11:36 AM
You also have to consider that there where 6 quads that look just like Shaff... Me being one of them... you need to make sure you know it was SHAFF ....

But then again some people think a LUV TAP is RAMMING.... i gave some one a Tire rub out of the B Class on the 3rd to last lap.... i dunno if they thought if they could hold me off they where running fast but then when i got around them they where never seen again... but i didnt HIT or RAM Any one....

I was B Class last year and all i have to say is when the A Class comes around and laps ya... GET OUTTA THE WAY... no if's, and's, or but's...

Try running a GNCC and try to hold off a PRO When they lap ya in the afternoon classes .... You will be getting towed back to your Trailer..... :eek2:

dirtriderex
04-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Considering his name shaff is printed on his chest protecter i'm sure it was him. I always get out of the A classes way. It's kind of hard to move when you have two raviness on each side of you. I'm not mad, believe me I know what it is like to have adrenaline rushing through you and you will do anything to get ahead. I guess I was just confused at the time at what was going on LOL.

dirtriderex
04-17-2006, 05:55 PM
I understand bumping and rubbing is part of the sport, so don't get so offensive. I have nothing against you guys (A class). as a matter a fact I look up to you guys so peace brotha:)

shaff107
04-18-2006, 07:34 AM
no problem man ... but honestly i dont ride on adrenaline i just try to ride with my head down tryn to charge back to the front of the pack and its hard to do when u have, THIS isnt u dirtriderex but some B class guys that think that they are already running fast to stay out ahead of u adn when u are lapping around 10 quads a lap it get frustraiting when u come on one after another, im sorry if i hit u i really didnt mean to run it to u like that ...

casey either need to make the track longer or more open cuz i hate having to lap 60 or 70 quads ! with i would say prolly 20 - 30 of thinking that that are Bill Ballance and they can hold anyone off.

but also think of it this away if it were national what do u think the top pro's would have done they would have give u warning rev'ed the engine to let u know they were right there and if u still didnt move .... UR getting moved ... u know what i mean?

dirtriderex
04-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh man If I rode b-class in a national I would shizt my pants when Bill ballance and all those pros would come up on me. How are you doing in the GNCC's?

QUADROOKIE
04-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Oh man If I rode b-class in a national I would shizt my pants when Bill ballance and all those pros would come up on me. ?

Yeah, tell me about it! I will find out in about 3 weeks and let you know how they looked when they fly by me!!:D

shaff107
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
as of right now i am not doing as good as i did last year.... but i have gone up in national number from where i was last year due to the fact that i went to flordia ..... i am a mid to end of the year rider i come on stronger at the end of the year .... as i get in to shape...

KILLAQuad
04-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh man If I rode b-class in a national I would shizt my pants when Bill ballance and all those pros would come up on me. How are you doing in the GNCC's?

Thats kinda what i did at Florida and NC ... when the leaders came by me it was like.... :eek2: :eek2: .... And all they do is give a Quick "WHOOT !!!!" and 3 secs later you are getting turned side ways..... :devil:

I kinda feel honored to have some CHRIS BORICH Bumper marks on my Grab bar..... :D :D

I aint gonna let them lap me any more this season .... :macho

Also i wasnt trying to SCOLD anyone just telling how it is... i was there as well... on occasion i still am the one getting in the way.... so no hard feelings as far as that goes.... ALSO... i have seen one of those SHAFF ID Plates get thrown around before.... although there was only 1 at this race there have been more of them on the track before... I dont mean his dad either.... LOL.... ;)

dirtriderex
04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Hey Killaquad, why are you selling the 06? Do you perfer the kick start?

shaff107
04-20-2006, 11:22 AM
First off i dont throw things dang it ....

and the reason for selling the 06 is cuz they are JUNK .... !

Estes27
07-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Is there anyway you can tell me a link to the D-17? I run the Mid South and the D10 races. I need some races to hit because we have almost two months off.
Thanks

400exmom
07-13-2006, 04:11 AM
http://www.amadistrict17.com/services/2006schedule.htm

Estes27
07-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Thank you

Estes27
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
So D17 is supposed to be one of the fastest districts around? That sounds really interesting. I hope to make it to some of the next couple of races after this weekend. The Mid South and District 10 Ky Series are going to have like a month and two month break. What kind of payout does A class have in yall's series?

shaff107
07-14-2006, 04:59 PM
i dont know about the fastest around ....

good there are SOME fast guys here and in the District 15 ...

but if u want comp. then go to ohio in the CRA's in ohio or there other series AWRCS or something like that ...

GNCCracr
07-14-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Estes27
So D17 is supposed to be one of the fastest districts around? That sounds really interesting. I hope to make it to some of the next couple of races after this weekend. The Mid South and District 10 Ky Series are going to have like a month and two month break. What kind of payout does A class have in yall's series?
Could this be Jody?? If so, and you get this in time, come to Casey Il. on 7-15 Quads go at 2:00 eastern time. It will be a good race, with aliitle competition. lol BTW, this is Darrell Bozarth

GNCCracr
07-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by KILLAQuad
You also have to consider that there where 6 quads that look just like Shaff... Me being one of them... you need to make sure you know it was SHAFF ....

But then again some people think a LUV TAP is RAMMING.... i gave some one a Tire rub out of the B Class on the 3rd to last lap.... i dunno if they thought if they could hold me off they where running fast but then when i got around them they where never seen again... but i didnt HIT or RAM Any one....

I was B Class last year and all i have to say is when the A Class comes around and laps ya... GET OUTTA THE WAY... no if's, and's, or but's...

Try running a GNCC and try to hold off a PRO When they lap ya in the afternoon classes .... You will be getting towed back to your Trailer..... :eek2:

AMEN,,,,,,,,Lappers, please get the he11 out of the way. When you hear a quad coming up behind you and the motor bouncing off the rev limiter, or a couple of whoops. Just move over. Dont try to race someone who just put several miles on you. Cause if you dont move, or you block. You WILL be moved. I dont mean this to be mean, or a smartarse. Cause I dont want to push anyone around. But the bottom line is that usually the A class is there to race seriously! And seconds lost behind a lapper make a big difference.

Estes27
07-15-2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah Darrell its me. Sorry I couldn't make it to the race today, I have to go to work at 2:00. I am going to try to hit some of these Illinois races in the next few weeks. I'll get in touch when I find out which ones I am going to run.

skull2002
07-17-2006, 04:03 AM
lol, i like reading all you youngsters comments about move or ill move ya....lol thats what racin is all about anyway huh? didnt this start out as a new kid wantin to try racing? i have got 1 race under my belt, lol, and the 35+ guys haul ***** too! the best thing to remember is have fun, try to finish the race, and yes...try to get out of the way of the guys WHO ARE MAKING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS each race, lol. i did get bumped a few times but i still had time to pull over and pull his four wheeler off of him when he rolled it, lol a few minutes after he passed me.i do give you A riders a salute tho. see ya all at coal valley this weekend!!!

Estes27
07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Just to let you know skull2002....Darrell Bozarth is not a "youngster". He is a fast, highly respected man that probably won't tell you his age. Jokin Darrell

skull2002
07-17-2006, 08:33 AM
well i would wager that 90% are youngsters tho. and for the other 10 % of us older guys....more power to ya!but we ALL had to start somewhere, and back in the day...someone was bumpin you too........so just to cut the new guy a little break about his first race! i am sure there are a few unsportsmanlike riders who are so cutthroat that anything it takes to win they will do....lol THOSE are the guys that need to TRY and bump me!!!lol good luck to everyone this weekend at coal valley, hope to meet some more new friends! perri and id like to meet darrell, i appreciate great rider skill and ability,and can always use a few tips.

KILLAQuad
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Neah... Darrell is a YOUNGSTER.... AT Heart.... LOL .... :D ... im 23 and i think i can call him DAD..... LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

and i was never one of the guys that got bumped i started.... i was always off the side of the track AS SOON as i heard someone behind me that i knew was faster than me... and if they werent faster than me then i could pass them back.... Simple as that....

And im not even close to Darrell speed or Shaffs speed (<< Now shaff is a Youngster ) .... but i am faster than most everyone else behind us in the the lower classes ( i said MOST everybody) and they should all know (and will relize it later in their raceing career) that when you hear someone behind you get the HE!! outta the way.... if it is someone in your class or what ever and you let them by and YOU ARE faster than them, then that split second that you lost to them you SHOULD be able to get back or you werent really faster than them in the first place....

Last year when i was in B Class i got my fair share of WHOOOTs and thats all it SHOULD Take to move over.... or at least let the person WHOOTING know you know they are there and at the next best place to pull outta the way you will....

Oh... and i am pretty sure there arent but a few people on here that get paid anything to race.... I actually pay out bout $1000 on average each weekend to race.. Fuel to get there, Race Gas for the Quad, track Entry fees, race entry fees, broken parts on quads <-- they all add up... :macho

The only reason i race and put out so much $$$... is cause i luv hanging out with the people that are there and it is soo much fun tryiing to better your own skills each time you throw a leg over a quad.... :D

Estes27
07-17-2006, 12:06 PM
A couple of questions.. Where is coal valley at? I am from Union County, Ky (which is on the Shawneetown border). What time do quads run?

skull2002
07-17-2006, 12:09 PM
74 to I80 east quads race at 8:30

400exmom
07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Estes27
A couple of questions.. Where is coal valley at? I am from Union County, Ky (which is on the Shawneetown border). What time do quads run? thats a long haul for you~up close to iowa~ daryl knows all the close good ones in illinois~:)

GNCCracr
07-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi Skull,,,, I understand what you are saying, but rest assured that I am not out to hurt anyone. I am 38 years old, and do have to go to work the next day. As I said in my post, I dont want to push anyone around. Just want the lappers to get out of the way, instead of thinking that all of a sudden they are Bill Ballance. when someone comes flying up on them wooping and reving the motor. This is only my 4th year riding a quad, and I can still remember getting lapped. But I also had enough sense to get out of the way of someone who was faster than me, and not hold them up or block and try to get racey.
To the new guys, or kids wanting to try racing. Come try it, it is a blast. And the worst thing you have to be afraid of is getting as hooked and ate up with it as I am.

shaff107
07-20-2006, 05:15 AM
Can i get some Details on this Coal City Race.....

does A class pay back money ....

who are the fast guys there ...

what time does the race start ...

what is the A class turnout ...

blue150
07-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Hey

A-class does pay out (top half)

John Brush WILL BE the guy to beat

8:30 start

4-6 riders in A-class

skull2002
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
hey blue, glad to see you are back! see ya there! perri

shaff107
07-20-2006, 06:26 PM
who is John Brush ......

what i wanna know is it worth my time to come up there hr. trip ?

what is the Average payout for the winner ...

blue150
07-20-2006, 07:54 PM
He won B-class last year and has won every race this year:macho

It would be worth your time if you can beat John :eek2:

Pay out don't no

shaff107
07-21-2006, 05:10 AM
this guy must be your buddy or u dont know who i am ....
how does the guy start u there .... the last D-17 up north that i went to the guy threw his hat as he was walkn away ....

what is the track like there ??

400exmom
07-21-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by shaff107
this guy must be your buddy or u dont know who i am ....
how does the guy start u there .... the last D-17 up north that i went to the guy threw his hat as he was walkn away ....

what is the track like there ?? john~ they start the race with a shotgun shot~ the race is always a great track and starts at 9am but the only thing is the race is only an hour long~

you can take Brush no problem..no offense to him

shaff107
07-21-2006, 05:54 AM
Thanks kim for the heads up on the only a 1 hour race ... is there anyway to get to change it at least a 1 an half .... are u gonna go....

blue150
07-21-2006, 09:26 AM
He needs to get beat at least one or twice this year

Race starts at 8:30 according to the website

WFO races are 1hour

KILLAQuad
07-21-2006, 11:58 AM
How about directions from INDY..... :confused:

Gotta find out how to get shaff'ty boy up there.... I'll be in A Too....

Kev
07-21-2006, 03:11 PM
The track is near East Moline IL in Coal Valley..

More information is at wfopromotions.com and he has a time restraint this weekend so quads start at 8:30 am. He runs them for 1 hr....He may go 1hr plus lap, but that is about all you can get out of it...Probably spend more money in gas getting thier then the payout with the amount that show up....

dirtriderex
07-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Shaff man, u should go. What time is everyone leaving 4am:eek: . I think the wfo races should be at least an hour and a half, for all the money spent getting there.If they start that early next year I'm not racing the wfo series.

Estes27
07-22-2006, 10:05 AM
Do the races at Casey always on Saturday and start at 2:00? There is one on 8/19/06. I am trying to figure out which ones I can make.

shaff107
07-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Well how did everyone do ........... ???????

KILLAQuad
07-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by shaff107
Well how did everyone do ........... ???????

Shut Up Shaff'ty.... :blah: .... Mr i win by 10 mins.... Was that you behind me at that second creek crossing getting ready to lap me.... LOL .... :devil:

NE WAY.... I got 4th in A..... Not what i wanted for the Drive and fuel cost.... GOOD GOD does Illinois have high prices.... :huh

skull2002
07-31-2006, 02:27 AM
5th 35+. lov that mud!!!!!

shaff107
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
yea acually i do better in the mud then a normal race on perfect conditions.

ubnpast
08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
I ended up w/ 1st in C. I was amazed how many people were getting whipped by those creek crossings. I had no problems with them. I believe I came in behind 6th in A. Since it was my first D17 race, I wanted to see where I would be. Not an intentional sandbag. I know I let Shaff by me 2nd to last lap. Nothing like sittin at the creek w/ the engine off for 5 minutes. What kinda race is that?