View Full Version : Took a nasty spill on my 400...

Meeocky
04-16-2006, 06:21 AM
Yesterday I was riding around in the fields by my house. I was coming upon a 90 degree turn, so I slow down and downshift to 1st. Then I hit the throttle hard coming out of the turn to a straight a way, and the front two wheels come up. I ride it down and shift to 2nd, the wheels come up again. I'm thinking no big deal, I'll just ride it out and go through the gears. But apparently the wind was blowing at a decent speed and it was blowing against me. I went from a slight wheelie to flipped backwards in a millisecond. The bike hit the grab bar and I fell backwards on my back, then over to my knees. By the time I got up the bike was back on all four wheels. But when I walked back to the bike, I've come to find out it flipped. I didn't dicect the bike yet, but it seems to have a bent steering stem, a bent front rim and I'm not sure what its called but it's the rod from the bike to the wheel within the A arms. That's all I see that's damaged. Sorry, I don't have pictures of the bike yet. I took a few right after the fall, but it's on my phone and I'll upload it soon. I came out fine. All I have is some brush burns on my back, knees, and my left elbow. My back is a little sore, but I'm sure it's going to be fine.

I'm new to buying parts for my 400 so could you suggest to me the best place I can pick up the parts I need for the right price, please? Thanks a lot!

phildogg
04-16-2006, 06:38 AM
the bar to the wheels is you tie rod.. you can look on here for good deals or check out ebay for the parts you need.
phil

miller821
04-16-2006, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by phildogg
the bar to the wheels is you tie rod.. you can look on here for good deals or check out ebay for the parts you need.
phil
Yup, thats the tierod... And ya look at the site sponsors on here, cause some give discounts to members.... That sucks though, and you should of just held on ( easier to say than do though).. O well at least its not to bad..

Angus
04-16-2006, 05:34 PM
Damn, that ain't good. Sounds like you got hit by a tornado not just a decent wind

Meeocky
04-16-2006, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Yup, thats the tierod... And ya look at the site sponsors on here, cause some give discounts to members.... That sucks though, and you should of just held on ( easier to say than do though).. O well at least its not to bad.. I tried to hod on as long as I could. I think if I would've let go I think the bike would've fell back down and not flipped. But I think I would've got more banged up that way.

Meeocky
04-16-2006, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Angus
Damn, that ain't good. Sounds like you got hit by a tornado not just a decent wind Yeah, tell me about it. It happened so quick. The wind was strong again today.

04-16-2006, 08:39 PM
u going to get some pics up or wat

04-17-2006, 11:31 AM
get some pics!!!!!!!!

quadrider400
04-19-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm new to buying parts for my 400 so could you suggest to me the best place I can pick up the parts I need for the right price, please? Thanks a lot! [/B][/QUOTE]

Call the dealer they are lower than some Ebay prices.... however for the rims I would look to Ebay...

However when you tear off an A-arm call me ... that has been my best crash yet.... :eek2: