PDA

View Full Version : tips and trx

Dale Szydlowski
04-16-2006, 05:49 AM
I have quite a fuw friends with thousands tied up in ther 400ex es carbs bor and stroke I was wondering if ther wer tips or tricks i could perform on my quad to help it per form better than stock until i can get a pipe for it dont get me wrong i am not getting spanked out their

eganracing
04-16-2006, 02:24 PM
i believe u could remove a baffle form the stock muffler to make it flow better and u could remove the air box lid. u might have to rejet afterwards.

Dale Szydlowski
04-16-2006, 05:52 PM
remove a baffle from the exauhst just the first one you can see

450RRyder
04-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Opening up the Airbox:

You can simply remove the Lid or cut the rear section out of your stock lid ... This is a free mod ... (Cutting the rear half of the lid in the perforation is very similar to the HRC lid without the water deflector flap and provides enough air to feed a 180-190 Main jet so removing the whole lid seems to not be necessary) ... *** In most cases the bike will rev better off the bottom by not totally removing the lid ...
When you remove the airbox lid, you'll see a white intake snorkel that extends down into the airbox and connects to the carb inletting ... Remove this piece and cut the whole rectangular shaped part off ... Deburr and smooth the piece inside diameter and outside diameter where you cut ... The part to cut off looks like a vaccum cleaner attachment ... Replace this piece the way you took it out ...

Finally, there is a 3-way breather T on the right top side of the engine case right behind the header pipe ... Remove this, and look down inside ... You will see a reduction about half way down that is smaller in ID than the rest of the large part of the T ... You will ream this out with about a 1/4 to 3/8" drill bit making it the same size as the rest of the ID of that part of the T ... And replace securely after cleaning out all shavings ... Done

Total Cost: FREE