PDA

View Full Version : Dragging with a 16t sprocket..........

Mike_Rides_Red
04-16-2006, 12:43 AM
I have well modded XR 426, mods shown on my sig. My question is can you still drag well with a 16t front sprocket with a strong 426 motor? XR's and EX's have 15t front sprockets stock so are effected the same way with the sprocket. Soo, going to a 16t is a 6.6% increase in gearing which doesn't seem like it would effect it too much since the engine has over 25% more power than stock. I am going to Nevada so I would like to have a 16t front sprocket to be able to cruise fast on the flats without screaming the motor.

Before all my engine mods suzuki, ktm, and yamaha 400's would outdrag my stock 400 in a drag and would poke fun at my aircooled XR. I am going to love to see their faces when an aircooled bike outdrags their "high tech" water cooled bikes. Any input would be appreciated.

phildogg
04-16-2006, 06:39 AM
A 16th would prob be fine as long as the motor has more torque than it did stock but why not just go back to the 15th for drag racing? how far are you planning to race?
phil

CRich[814]
04-16-2006, 09:53 PM
can you post some pics of the ex with xr motor cause a ton of people talk about it but ive never seen a direct bolt on xr motor in the ex