PDA

View Full Version : So, how often do you REALLY ride? 20+

DieselBoy
04-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Just wanted to get a rough idea what an average 20+ male/female would get as far as use from their ATVs in the summer months.

-Do you find your quad sitting alot more so than you thought???
-What reasons for this? No time? Less desire? Too much hastle?
-What is the MOST notorious part(s) that need replacing on your machine other than tires and the typical things?

Let's hear from you older riders. AGE: 20-UP

NOTE: DON'T POST IF YOU DON'T HAVE INFO RELATING TO THE TOPIC.

440bigborekit
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
ok im only 16 but can answer your question it all depends on the rider and how much there into it......some might ride only once a year while others might right everyday theres not like special riding limit for people over 20 and i would delelte this thread cuz its gonna become some type of flame fest....and people are gonna think your a idiot

DieselBoy
04-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
ok im only 16 but can answer your question it all depends on the rider and how much there into it......some might ride only once a year while others might right everyday theres not like special riding limit for people over 20 and i would delelte this thread cuz its gonna become some type of flame fest....and people are gonna think your a idiot

:huh okkkkkkkkkkk.............

mxdave28
04-15-2006, 10:05 PM
we have our Sunday ride every week were like postal workers, rain sleet not even snow will stop us from riding...usuall time frame is an average of 6 hours longest was 15. and we rreplace anything thats worn out.

jordan_m6
04-15-2006, 10:25 PM
the first summer was every sunday, last summer was twice a month. for this summer will probly next to none due to the new child.

400exrules
04-15-2006, 10:33 PM
i would ride every weekend if i could, but the weather isnt always great, im busy with somethin i have to do, or ridin buddies are busy. and i tear threw breakpads pretty quick

440bigborekit
04-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by DieselBoy
:huh okkkkkkkkkkk.............

i was trying to help you out dont be such a douchebag.....wow

DieselBoy
04-15-2006, 10:43 PM
My riding buddies seem to dictate when we're going to go, I used to ride my dirtbike EVERY SINGLE DAY when i was younger, now work and stuff makes me too tired sometimes, but I'm usually pretty game to go riding, it's sad seeing the bike sit when we don't ride, and also when they sit they get stubborn to start and I hate that. But riding is something I will always do I think, it's a good get-away from everything.

jeremy_283
04-15-2006, 10:48 PM
5 hours a week ........ at least

04-15-2006, 11:38 PM
when things get really busy at work, i work 60 hours a week 6 days a week, but still manage to put in at least 4 hours of riding in on sunday and a round of golf.

honduh440
04-15-2006, 11:50 PM
race on sunday if not then just practice at the track, tuesdays practice, and once school lets out we will practice thursdays and sometimes fridays as well.

other then tires, plugs, oil and the regulars i would have to say we replace steering stems and handlebars the most.

Scottt89
04-16-2006, 01:36 AM
I'd say maybe once a month if that, (not counting races). It stinks b/c for example, I raced the Hangover at Budds Creek and then didn't race again until the last race at Budds at the end of March. My friend and I always talk about it, but then it seems to rain or something. Maybe when we were younger the rain and all was fine, but now you have to go so far to find a good spot and you just dont feel like dealing with it some times.

exrider008
04-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by 440bigborekit
i was trying to help you out dont be such a douchebag.....wow

ur the douchebag. u just called him an idiot and then u say that he was being a douchebag.:grr:

im only 15 but i try to go riding every weekend but sometimes i cant cuz i work but i will usaly go for about an hour or two after i get off work. and i replace parts as i need them.

SRH
04-16-2006, 07:12 AM
up until the time i was liek 18 i used to ride everyday...i always was like how do people only ride at the races....well once i started working fulltime, and other responsibilities that need to be taken care of i still had riding my #1 priority but no time to do it because racing and prepping the machine takes so much time, u race once a week then u have cleaing the whole quad, inspecting, adjusting, greasing, oil change, air filter, getting your geare all cleaned up again and u dont have much time left to do anything else maybe practice 1 night ...i miss the care free days of just riding all summer and dreaming about racing and stuff...

MOFO
04-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by SRH
...i miss the care free days of just riding all summer and dreaming about racing and stuff...

aint that the truth! When I was a kid in HS, my good friend and I would literally ride EVERY day of our summer break. We did this for 3-4 years. We would ride to each other house, fill up on gas and ride ALL day (6-8 hours)... those were they days!!!

Since I've bought a house, got married and I'm getting ready to start a new position in our company... I just dont have time anymore.

Heck, my quad is in parts in my garage right now. I'm hoping to get out on a couple ATV trips this summer. :(

sly400ex
04-16-2006, 08:16 AM
When I first bought my 400 in 2001, I rode at least twice a week for the first couple of years, now I'm lucky to ride a couple times a year!:(

Due to......

Lost job, lost interest, lost local riding spots, lost girlfriend that like to ride with me too:( .....then I had a child! No time!

I don't plan on getting rid of my wheeler anytime soon though, I hope to get serious with it in the near future.:)

440ex dragger
04-16-2006, 08:21 AM
I have been lucky I have ridden or raced every weekend since March 11. I work late in the evenings so its hard for me to ride.