PDA

View Full Version : right crankcase cover

exrider23
04-15-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok my clutch perch on the right crankcase cover is broke....somehow i broke a piece off the bottom and now it wont stay down.....so to get to this i a going to have to take the right crankcase cover off and thats it right? i wont have to put any new gaskets on or nuttin? is a bunch or oil gonna come out?

jeremy_283
04-15-2006, 10:15 PM
more detail please? ...........did the little metal thing that holds the cable break from bending? ......... break a bolt? ....... break the right clutch cover?

exrider23
04-16-2006, 07:41 AM
Ok the clutch perch(on the rightcrankcase sover) keeps coming out....i think i broke a piece off the bottom.....everytime i ride it doesnt stay down, it pops up and then i cant use my clutch...i have to get off and pull bak and push bak down to get it to engage

exrider23
04-16-2006, 03:20 PM
anyone?

JOEX
04-16-2006, 08:15 PM
If you're talking about the piece that looks like the black piece in teh photo then you wont have to remove the cover, just the two bolts that hold it on. No oil should come out.

aviator4
04-16-2006, 08:48 PM
Are you talking about the actuator arm that fits through the hole in the side case? If so, can you post a pic of that side of the quad. I'd like to see how far back your arm is going.

If it is the actuator arm and it needs to be replaced then yes, you will have to remove the side case. I would recommend draining the oil BEFORE you remove it, otherwise it's going to go everywhere and it will ALL drain out.

You will most likely need a side case gasket during the re-installation process.

exrider23
04-17-2006, 03:08 AM
yes it is the arm....and it look slike i broke a piece off the bottom....how hard is it to put another one in? also can i buy just tthe gasket or do i hasve to buy a kit?

aviator4
04-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes, you should be able to buy just the side case gasket all by itself.

Removal of the arm is pretty easy.

The arm is actually capturing a pin in the middle of the clutch. To remove the side case, you have to rotate the arm BACKWARDS to disengage the pin. This normally will also "pop" the side case loose. DON'T FOR THE CASE WITHOUT ROTATING THE ARM!!!

Once the side case cover is off, it's a matter of sliding the old arm out, keeping track of the spring at the bottom!! then sliding the new arm in and putting the spring in place.

Here's the inside of the case when removed.

exrider23
04-17-2006, 09:24 AM
ok thnaks guys for the pics and stuff...i am going to work on it ......thanks

exrider23
04-19-2006, 12:08 PM
ok i took the crancase cover off and got the arm out....it was broke at the bottom.....anyways when i go to put my new one in , how does the spring go? and when i go to put the cover back on do i have to hold the arm backwards to re-engage the pin?