PDA

View Full Version : Gas Wars

PolarisRider06
04-15-2006, 04:44 PM
sorry for all the little arrows, it's an e-mail i got.... seems to make sense though....
what do you guys think?

EVERYBODY!!!! copy and paste it into an email and send it to everyone you know

>GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work
>
>This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from
>one
>of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your
>consideration.
>
>Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a
>gallon
>by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?
>We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered

>this good idea.
>
>This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day"
>campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just
>laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves
>by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a

>problem for them.
>
>BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
>really
>work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking
>gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
>$2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the
>OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas
>is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action ! to teach
>them that BUYERS control the
>marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each

>day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the

>price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not
>purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?
>Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN
>have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.
>
>Here's the idea:
>
>For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two
>biggest
>companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any

>gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their
>prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.
>
>But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and
>Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this
>point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions
>of people.
>
>I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least
>ten
>more (30 x 10 =3D 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300
>x 10 =3D 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth
>group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If
>those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then
>30 million! people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further,
>you guessed it..... THREE
> >>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!
>
>Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If
>you
>don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is
>send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a
>mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)
>
>How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to
>ten
>more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could
>conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!
>
>I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
>
>Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,
>please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL
>UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.
>
>THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Exxon Mobil gas stations include: Exxon, Mobil, Esso, and On The Run gas stations

if everyone does this it would work... it doesn't mean stop getting stuff from those gas stations just stop getting gas from them, the very few cents per gallon (probably about 2) proffit that the gas station owners make on gas wouldn't hurt them to lose... they make their money on the pop and food and other little things they sell. just dont buy their gas.

04-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Wow what a great old idea that would never work!

PolarisRider06
04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
it wont work if there are a bunch of people like you who just say.... oh that would never work... without ever trying it.... if you would just go with it and if everyone just went with it it WOULD WORK.... EXXON MOBIL would have to lower their prices to deal with the lower demand for their which would decrease their proffit margin back down to something that would be reasonable... now i'm just waiting for the person who says that the workers for EXXON MOBIL would go broke.... no they wouldn't the company just no longer would be getting their 60+%proffit per gallon on their gas/oil and it eventually would go back down to a reasonable ammount which i would say should be around 20-30%.....

now just IF EVERYBODY would go along with it, it WOULD WORK... but then again there are the people who just say that it would never work because it just seems to simple to work so they wont try it.... cause i mean how could something so simple make such a big difference.... its like saying how could something as simple as replacing a fouled out spark plug or replacing a clogged air filter make such a big difference in your quad or bikes performance... it just does...

miller821
04-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Good concept... Doubt it'll work though.

PolarisRider06
04-15-2006, 05:20 PM
just try it.... if you have a BP or a Tessoro or anything like that to get gas instead of an exxon mobil station go there.... i have doubts in it to but i'm going along with it (half the reason is i always get gas at tessoro in town) and i think if everyone else just tried it it might work.... if everyone did it for even 3 or 4 months i think there would be a significant difference.... and by everyone i mean everyone... see if we can all prove ourselves wrong about it not working.... it will save you some coin in the long run so you cant really complain.

everyone just copy and paste it into an e-mail and send it to everyone.... seriously its worth a try if we all just go along with it even if you have doubts about it just go for it and stick with it... if theres no change in a week thats no biggy cause on a weighlifting program you get little or no change in a week either.

D Bergstrom
04-15-2006, 05:53 PM
It will not work . Here is the reason why:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

These e-mails alway's goes around when gas go up. I hate to say it, but the oil companies have us by the balls, and other then not driving, there is not a damn thing we can do about it but take it.

Doug

PolarisRider06
04-15-2006, 06:44 PM
wow that is actually pretty interesting i thought that was the first actual "smart" idea yet..... i figured if everyone stopped buying exxon stuff they would just sell it to the other companies and to the textile, cleaning and plastics companies.... the other companies wouldn't be buying it at the price that exxon charges for the gas stations though because they know that it doesn't cost that much to produce it but yeah that site is pretty much right.... i think it would still be possible to knock the preices down a small amount through that though.... maybe not way down but possibly down 15-20 cents which would be a start....

Ghost-Rider
04-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Well i have been saying this for like 2-3 years ..... it has pros and cons the main con holding it back is : Cost of gas/petrolum/whatever per barrel they have high prices cause the gas barrel prices are goin up and thats whats screwin us over.

pastfast125
04-15-2006, 07:36 PM
I farted

Guess this wasn't the kinda thread I thought it was:eek:

trx400exxracer
04-15-2006, 07:56 PM
we dont need to just not buy gas from one company we all just need to pick 2 companies too buy gas from if we just neglect the biggest company they can sell thier gas or it just wont work with one company we need to cut out several

400exmkt
04-15-2006, 09:48 PM
The price of oil is crazy right know. Every oil company in the gulf is pulling all there rigs out of port and throwing a crew on there to run it. If they arnt drilling right know then they are missing out on alot of cash. That is why they got the sh*ttiest rigs goin for 50 to 60 grand day rate. If there is such a shortage in oil then why are all the rigs out there right now drilling?

Because the price of oil has sky rocketed after a few hurricains came threw the gulf. Which means that there is alot of money to be made right now for them and they want to find every little bit of oil that they can get, And it slowed down production of gas.

That is why the oil companies recorded record breaking profits last year. They control production. If gas gets to low they can slow down production. To high, oh there is no such thing as that for the major companies.

Take it as you want its just my 2 cents.

infantry317
04-16-2006, 07:01 AM
That is old, Exxon and Mobil are one company. Stock ticker XOM.

JIMTED79
04-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Ghost-Rider
Well i have been saying this for like 2-3 years ..... it has pros and cons the main con holding it back is : Cost of gas/petrolum/whatever per barrel they have high prices cause the gas barrel prices are goin up and thats whats screwin us over. The cost per barrel is higher but these oil companys are making something like 60% profit.

RaptorRacer45
04-16-2006, 01:25 PM
So then make the barrels outta sometin cheaper and our problems will be solved:huh :D

Punk'd
04-16-2006, 01:42 PM
CORN OIL! wahoo!!!

YFZ450Ridr
04-16-2006, 01:45 PM
what are the odds of getting millions and millions of people to stop buying gas from a company or two? that idea would never work.

we should all just buy diesel cars/trucks and make our own biodiesel fuel:scary:

Warnerade
04-16-2006, 02:31 PM
that has been around for a good 2-3 years..and i have yet to ever see anything take action. I even think it was posted her atleast 5 times...

JIMTED79
04-16-2006, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
CORN OIL! wahoo!!!
I heard That E85 is just as expensive as our gas is now do to not enough supply to meet our demand and that the stuff burns dirty in your motor and you get crapy gas mileage with it. Anybody else here that?

fast_enough
04-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Ok lets think about this...

If we were to stop buying from exxon and mobil and buy from the other companies, the other companies would take notice. No? Well when they realize they are selling more than ever, what will stop them from raising their prices? IMO their prices would rise, and we would all go running back to Exxon and Mobil. All IMO

PolarisRider06
04-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by 400exmkt

Because the price of oil has sky rocketed after a few hurricains came threw the gulf. Which means that there is alot of money to be made right now for them and they want to find every little bit of oil that they can get, And it slowed down production of gas.

That is why the oil companies recorded record breaking profits last year. They control production. If gas gets to low they can slow down production. To high, oh there is no such thing as that for the major companies.

Take it as you want its just my 2 cents.

but the US has the national oil reserve or whatever they call it that is down south in the gulf area that has billions and billions of barrels of oil stored in it and they can do either full or controlled releases to control the gasoline prices, i watched it on discovery channel one day....

and also the oil from the gulf mostly covers the gulf coast and east coast area.... i've seen charts.... so thats no reason for the gas prices on the west coast to go up or in the rockies and midwest where we get a lot of the oil from canada and the oil fields in wyoming/montana/north dakota areas.....

then theres that big oil reserve in alaska that still remains untapped... that could greatly lessen the price of gas.

cant wait till the deal up in canada gets going where they're taking the oil out of the ground, and by ground i mean litterally the ground, like the dirt, theres so much oil in the ground that it come right up to the surface. the big rig that was built to squeeze it out of the dirt went through town on a train.... there was either 3 or 4 engines for something like 10 cars and a caboose, one or two cars were just spair parts for the train and the cars because of how heavy all the stuff was.... then about half hour behind them there were inspection crews chcking every inch of the rails and they were going back and forth for a few hours... pretty wicked stuff i tell you what.....

well theres my 2 cents...

Toadz400
04-16-2006, 08:30 PM
None of those ideas will never work.

I'm dealing with the gas prices in my own way. I'm not doing the V8 swap in my 4cyl Sonoma, I'm sticking with my 24-36mpg (city-freeway) while still being able to haul a quad in the back. I'm getting my motorcyle license so I can drive my 1976 KZ400 to work which gets around 40-60 mpg. And for the second job I picked up it's within biking distance of my house, so I'm taking that route to save myself gas.

We're never going to get prices to go down but we can help ourselves out and cut back our purchasing of gas and our reliance on it. I'm going to stop making unneeded trips and try and combine all my stops into one trip.

JIMTED79
04-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
None of those ideas will never work.

I'm dealing with the gas prices in my own way. I'm not doing the V8 swap in my 4cyl Sonoma, I'm sticking with my 24-36mpg (city-freeway) while still being able to haul a quad in the back. I'm getting my motorcyle license so I can drive my 1976 KZ400 to work which gets around 40-60 mpg. And for the second job I picked up it's within biking distance of my house, so I'm taking that route to save myself gas.

We're never going to get prices to go down but we can help ourselves out and cut back our purchasing of gas and our reliance on it. I'm going to stop making unneeded trips and try and combine all my stops into one trip.
That sounds good for you but I'd like to see you pull even a 24' toy hauler with your 4 banger. Let alone all the people that have to own v8's for work and everything else.

Toadz400
04-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
That sounds good for you but I'd like to see you pull even a 24' toy hauler with your 4 banger. Let alone all the people that have to own v8's for work and everything else.

Since this is over the internet, it's hard to tell if that was meant as negative towards me. I said I was dealing with it in my own way. I've pulled 3 quads with my 4 banger before and still managed to get 20 mpg, so I'd say that's pretty good for a small truck while still getting good gas mileage. We also have a Blazer and Bravada for pulling our 18' trailer.

And for the people that own V8's for work, their gas is usually covered by the company.

JIMTED79
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
Since this is over the internet, it's hard to tell if that was meant as negative towards me. I said I was dealing with it in my own way. I've pulled 3 quads with my 4 banger before and still managed to get 20 mpg, so I'd say that's pretty good for a small truck while still getting good gas mileage. We also have a Blazer and Bravada for pulling our 18' trailer.

And for the people that own V8's for work, their gas is usually covered by the company. No It was not meant with any disrespect, but that is crazy to say the companys cover peoples gas if they need a v8 for work I dont, and 4 bangers are not even going to tow a toy hauler/enclosed trailer. Just putting my trailer on your sonoma would put it on the axle. I think its great for people that can do it but theres to many that can't.

Toadz400
04-17-2006, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by JIMTED79
No It was not meant with any disrespect, but that is crazy to say the companys cover peoples gas if they need a v8 for work I dont, and 4 bangers are not even going to tow a toy hauler/enclosed trailer. Just putting my trailer on your sonoma would put it on the axle. I think its great for people that can do it but theres to many that can't.

What company do you work for? Usually with most companies if you are using your vehicle for work, they pay for the gas or at least most of it.

And yes, I know my Sonoma would bottom out if a 24' toy hauler was put on the back, I'm pretty sure it'd bust the bumper right off too because it doesn't have the towing package.

derekhonda
04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Wont work. Quick reason why...as soon as you do this, the other company will drop prices 5 cents. Then everyone will start using that company again....the cycle will continue....and then the whole thing was pointless.

Hornbreaker
04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
If you really want to drive oil prices down You have to get the U.A.W. & the goverment involed. First all of us that drive these big gas guzzlers get ride of them, Then go buy one of those rice burners & INCEST it be made in Japan NOT here in the U.S.A. If enough people do this the UAW & the Goverment will take notice. Maybe then Georgey boy mite say the American people an't as dum as I thought there no longer swollowing my garbage. Just my little 2 cents. I too haul a big 32 foot 5th wheel with a F-250 SD SC Diesel.

AtvMxRider
04-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
just try it.... if you have a BP or a Tessoro or anything like that

And where do you think BP and Tessoro get their gas from?????

400exmkt
04-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by PolarisRider06
but the US has the national oil reserve or whatever they call it that is down south in the gulf area that has billions and billions of barrels of oil stored in it and they can do either full or controlled releases to control the gasoline prices, i watched it on discovery channel one day....

and also the oil from the gulf mostly covers the gulf coast and east coast area.... i've seen charts.... so thats no reason for the gas prices on the west coast to go up or in the rockies and midwest where we get a lot of the oil from canada and the oil fields in wyoming/montana/north dakota areas.....

then theres that big oil reserve in alaska that still remains untapped... that could greatly lessen the price of gas.

cant wait till the deal up in canada gets going where they're taking the oil out of the ground, and by ground i mean litterally the ground, like the dirt, theres so much oil in the ground that it come right up to the surface. the big rig that was built to squeeze it out of the dirt went through town on a train.... there was either 3 or 4 engines for something like 10 cars and a caboose, one or two cars were just spair parts for the train and the cars because of how heavy all the stuff was.... then about half hour behind them there were inspection crews chcking every inch of the rails and they were going back and forth for a few hours... pretty wicked stuff i tell you what.....

well theres my 2 cents...

I dont care what you seen on TV. I work in the oil industry. I think that i have a pretty good idea of what is goin on. How many oil refineries do you think there are? Not very many. The huricanes came threw and slow production almost to a halt on the coast. That is why gas prices everywhere have went up. The oil that they are pulling out of the ground is nothing compared to what they pull offshore. There are massive amounts of oil deposits out there in the gulf. Have you seen the west coast? There really isnt that many rigs out there. Have you seen The gulf of mexico? There are over 3600 rigs in the gulf alone!

The oil you get from canada is raw it has to be refined in to gas, motor oil and other goods. Than has to be trucked back to all the gas stations all over the US. Also the oil that comes from there just set a record for itself. This is the first time that the oil from canada has climed over $70 a barrel.

The oil reserves you are talking about are located in several places. I have done work for them. The reason they dont release any of the reserves is cause bush doesnt see a need to. The higher oil is the more money he makes. And we use alot more than that every day.

Do you understand it now??

96lapis coupe
04-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Hornbreaker
Then go buy one of those rice burners & INCEST it be made in Japan NOT here in the U.S.A. LOL! incest?:ermm: WTF!

04-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Best idea yet...I officially claim all the gas in the world mine. Free gas for everyone.

Stevie-D
04-21-2006, 10:38 PM
if everbody stops buying fuel from say exxon/mobil...they will suddenly have an excess of fuel...they will in simply sell their excess to other companies..in which case, the other companies will have enough gas to go around...while the companies that we are all boycotting are STILL MAKING MONEY. this gives them no reason to give a rat's ***** about lowering prices

comprende???

400exmkt
04-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
if everbody stops buying fuel from say exxon/mobil...they will suddenly have an excess of fuel...they will in simply sell their excess to other companies..in which case, the other companies will have enough gas to go around...while the companies that we are all boycotting are STILL MAKING MONEY. this gives them no reason to give a rat's ***** about lowering prices

comprende???

The major producers control the oil. They can slow production if they want to raise gas prices. They could speed it up but they dont want to lower gas prices. That is cuting into their profits. You are right about not buying from one company to an extent. Almost all the companies are connected one way or another. They "talk" i guess you could say. Here in texas the tax on one gallon of gas is like 37 cents. Go to rigzone .com and you can see everything that is going on in the oil and gas industry. They have news on conntracts production and new projects going on.