PDA

View Full Version : Serious Questions: LTR or TRX?

xsr_racing28c
04-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Alright, i am a total die hard 450r rider, and have a completely race ready R that i'm gonna be racing this season, but heres the thing.. My sister wants to get back into riding, and shes ridden mine alot and can handle the power it has, so i know this caliber of bike isn't outta mind. Alright, i want her to get the best bang for he buck and seeing that the LTR is only about $500 more new, and has an extended axle and arms, i wonder if thats the better deal or not. I am unsure yet about the EFI system, but like where they are going with it, and i'm sure in the end it is a better feature. Can you guys give me some honest input on what you think she should do.. Keep in mind, the quad with eventually be raced and for now will just be ridden around our little mx track and property.. Thanks, jason

eganracing
04-15-2006, 01:54 PM
if she wants to do mx type riding then it sounds like it would be smart for her to get a ltr compared to a 450r.

450rJam
04-15-2006, 06:45 PM
I would agree, for your application the ltr would be better in stock form and the 450r would take more than the $500.00 to equal the stance of the suzuki.

tcr450r
04-15-2006, 10:11 PM
Go with the suzuki.

xsr_racing28c
04-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Well i have shown her and told her about both quads and she is dead set on the 450r yet. I think we might opt for the hrc kit right off the bat, but i'm no sure if its worth it, cuz she wants to get a full system exhaust like mine and possibly do some motor work later on. So we are stil up in the air right now, but we'll see what happens.

awj8074
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Just remember the LTR is a 1st year quad and i have heard they are allready having problems. I will never buy a 1st year thats why i waited untill 05 to get my 450r.

450rJam
04-16-2006, 08:08 AM
06 450r w/hrc runs really good, she may not need full exhaust after the hrc kit (maybe a slip-on)
the handleing of the ltr would be the only advantage it will have,
let her get what she wants or neither of you will be happy lol

MAD450r
04-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Once she swings a leg over it and ride's it I think she'll really enjoy the smooth ride and very stable ride. Its got plenty of power.

I love my R but it took alot of money to make my R handle good enough to ride it hard. The Suzuki you can ride it hard out of the box.

Anybody that has known me for long thinks I got hit in the head or something, cause i've always been a honda man. After riding the suzuki i'd buy one if I was buying now. Just some food for thought.