PDA

View Full Version : I am ready to set my bike on fire and i just put it back together yesterday

bansheemorphine
04-15-2006, 12:15 PM
i am about ready to set my bike on fire and watch it burn to the ground and i only got it back together yesterday. here is what happened i took it for a nice long ride yesterday to break in my motor witch was pretty much just completely rebuilt amd first i hit a just and my air box/ batterie box witch was made of plexi glass shatters and my battery breaks into 10 pieces and wires got ripped from the sylinoide i just jump started it and drove it home on the way home my pipe burnt through my rear break line and now i have no back breaks i got home shut it off got cleaned up washed it then went to try to jump start it again and nothing i even towed it and still wouldn't start and today i got a new battery re wired everything and tryed to start it the starter is wirling over but is not turning the motor over i just got a new starter clutch installed when my motor was rebuilt and now this what do u think the problem is please reply soon before i burn this piece of crap

miller821
04-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, that sucks.... Before you burn it down, you can give it to me though.... I wouldn't mind having another quad for free;) That sucks, don't know what it would be, but you said wires were ripped out of the solenoid, so make sure you got those back in the correct spots.. Check your plug to..

exrider008
04-15-2006, 01:58 PM
also make sure ur kill switch it in the RUN position. and if it dosent start after that redo the wiers.

miller821
04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by exrider008
also make sure ur kill switch it in the RUN position. and if it dosent start after that redo the wiers.
I hate when I accidentally bump that, and it takes me like a minute to realize it...

exrider008
04-15-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
I hate when I accidentally bump that, and it takes me like a minute to realize it...

ya i just did that the other day and i kept trying to jump it and i finaly saw that my kill switch wasnt on and now it wont stop blowing blue smoke:grr: :mad:

stc416rider
04-15-2006, 04:49 PM
doesnt blue smoke mean that ur rings are bad

accorracer
04-15-2006, 04:58 PM
no offence but don't blame the bike i think i would blame whoever put the brake line on the exhaust and built the battery box

exrider008
04-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by stc416rider

no thats white. blue is burning oil.

accorracer
04-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by stc416rider

Originally posted by exrider008
no thats white. blue is burning oil.

??????????????????????????????
um what are you talking about. white smoke is a collant leak in the combustion chamber. white smoke has nthing to do with bad rings.

blue smoke does indicate bad rings or valve seals. because that causes oil to be allowed into the combustion chamber.

IanCFitz
04-15-2006, 07:18 PM
A plexiglass battery box???

Battery in 10 (ten) pieces?

This is some sort of joke thread right?

jeremy_283
04-15-2006, 10:21 PM
wouldnt there be battery acid? plexi glass? ........... 400ex doesnt have any coolant fluid besides oil........... blue smoke means an oil leak somewhere... but not specifically the rings...somewhere in the combustion chamber.... valve seals maybe? ...........it maybe even very very very light blue but my blue smoke showed up more under load.......... white is usually condensation