PDA

View Full Version : Pipe for HRC Kit?

Josh M
04-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey all, I just got a new 2006 450ER with the HRC kit and a few other mods installed, but I am looking for an aftermarket slipon pipe that will fit the HRC head pipe. I know that the headpipe is bigger in the kit so I need a pipe that will fit it. I have a Yoshi on my Z, but the head pipe is smaller on it. So I basically need to know what pipe/s would fit the larger headpipe. I do not want to run a full pipe because most of them have the smaller headpipe. I think that would redue power.

Thanks,
Josh

eagertorace
04-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Josh M
Hey all, I just got a new 2006 450ER with the HRC kit and a few other mods installed, but I am looking for an aftermarket slipon pipe that will fit the HRC head pipe. I know that the headpipe is bigger in the kit so I need a pipe that will fit it. I have a Yoshi on my Z, but the head pipe is smaller on it. So I basically need to know what pipe/s would fit the larger headpipe. I do not want to run a full pipe because most of them have the smaller headpipe. I think that would redue power.

Thanks,
Josh

I've got the hrc and sparks full system and it didn't reduce any power at all. Matter of fact, it gained alot of torque, ALOT!!!!!!!!!
If you change your mind, consider the sparks, you won't be dissapointed.

eganracing
04-15-2006, 02:04 PM
any slipon for the 06 will work. im running a white brothers mx4 pipe with my hrc kit.

shamisc
04-15-2006, 02:10 PM
That's right, any slip-on for the 06 will fit the stock or hRC header. The stock silencer has an aluminum removable collar to adapt to the larger head pipe.

sweet lou
04-15-2006, 06:04 PM
if i change my stock slip-on for like a curtis spark slip-on will i need to rejet the bike or the hrc jetting if good to ride the curtis slip-on??or any aftermarket slip-on thanks:)

shamisc
04-15-2006, 06:39 PM
You should be good. It really depends on your altitude.

GIXXER1KR
04-15-2006, 07:08 PM
I have the HRC header and the Yosh RS7 slip on and it rips!!!!!!!!

Josh M
04-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Allright, I'll have to check them out, I bought a White Brothers MX-4, but the box said 05, thats probably why it didn't fit when I tired it. I'll have to find a pipe specific for the 06's.

bic's 450R
04-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I put the hrc kit on my 06, than put on a white bros E2 and i feel like i actually lost a little.

shamisc
04-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bic's 450R
I put the hrc kit on my 06, than put on a white bros E2 and i feel like i actually lost a little.

The spark arrestor on that E2 is probably more restrictive than the HRC cap. Remove the SA from the E2 and I'll bet it'll change your mind.