PDA

View Full Version : appearance and knowledge

crazedape
04-15-2006, 12:17 AM
I would like to put some new plastics on my 250 and a hood I like the look of quadtech hoods and I am pretty sure that they do not make them any more and on the plastics I think I would like to have the front fenders. I noticed on some of the pics that the black plastic looks dull is it bought that way or worn that way. My motor seized and I took it to Quinn Motorsports and it wil be ready in about 2 weeks bored to 265 and either pro-circuit pipe or maybe bill's pipe. The rest is mostly stock that is until I can round up some more cash-ola and switch the front end and the axle. I was also wondering when people say +2+1 A-arms what is the plus 1 I got the plus 2 but where is the plus1 at.

crazedape
04-15-2006, 12:18 AM
I forgot to say I would like some recomendations for the body and hood and some links to sites to get there.

hang1p
04-15-2006, 01:18 AM
the +1 is forward if you see dull plastics they are usauly maier old style plastic now they make shiny plastic or you can get fullbore plastic as for the hood goto feathercarbon.com and check out the big ugly

barkbuster350r
04-15-2006, 09:50 AM
This is new Maier plastic and it's shiny. It has a similar look to OEM plastic but doesn't fit quite as well. But it only cost $320 I believe. And a FeatherCarbon hood, it was $90.

crazedape
04-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Do you know what fits better the fullbore or the maier plastics and as for the hood is the feather carbon close the the quadtech and can you put a grill on the feather carbon?

crazedape
04-15-2006, 02:07 PM
does the +2+1 A-arms help out in the woods I am mainly trail riding and I do have a little access to some fast trails but is also a combination of tight and fast and a few jumps. I just want I good looking, fast, reliable, and great handling quad. Hardly anybody around here has a 250r and I love to bring it out and @#ck people up with it. Even when it was in desperate need of a rebuild and was mostly stock I would beat this kid down the street with a banshee. He poured loads of money into his banshee after that. Then I seized the motor racing him wide open throttle 6 gear. That was really scary. I almost coughed my nuts up.

barkbuster350r
04-15-2006, 02:15 PM
The Maier plastic fits pretty good, you just have to adjust it and play with it a lot to get it to fit right. The Feather Carbon hood does not come with a grill, but you could probably make one.

TheFontMaster
04-15-2006, 02:18 PM
I have +2+1 a arms on my 250r, and it hasn't been too wide for the trails so far. Granted I ride mostly sand pitts, and the few trails that I ride are wide enough where I haven't had any problems getting through them. And I really like the stability of having that extra 4 inches.

crazedape
04-15-2006, 03:22 PM
You think a local machine shop could probable do it with a waterjet machine. NE guess to what that could possibly run you? I am kinda new to upgrading my stuff. I have just about finished buying the toys now I am modifying them to suit me.

ALL THE HELP ON THESE TOPICS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

wicked265R
04-15-2006, 06:20 PM
I just have to say that is one of the ugliest R's I've ever seen :eek2:

Thank god you're getting new plastics. please get rid of that cheesy seat cover too

J_bob_28
04-15-2006, 07:43 PM
the opening on that feather carbon hood is way too big... not to be mean but IMO it looks terrible...

barkbuster350r
04-15-2006, 07:47 PM
If you go to their website you will see that hood is called "the big ugly",but I like it. They do make one with a smaller opening.

crazedape
04-15-2006, 11:21 PM
wicked you just shot down barkbusters. All 250r's as long as they are running are beatiful. You must know that you own a 250r.

04-16-2006, 06:38 AM
I have the newer maier plastic with the new black maier hood scoop (only about $40 for hood) and I love it....I had to mess with the mounting a little, but it came out.

Here is a pic...

crazedape
04-16-2006, 11:29 AM
I didn't know Maier made the hoods. Regarding the plastics did you have to drill new holes or just keep pulling and stretching it into place. Where do you get seat covers and are they seat covers or are they the complete seat. I would prefer to have the complete seat.