PDA

View Full Version : Overview of Works shocks

EX400rider
04-14-2006, 11:27 PM
I am thinking about getting new shocks for my 400ex. These shocks are alot better price then others. Are they good and do yall have ne pix of them?

adinocr7
04-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I rode a few wheelers with the Works Shocks installed. I know the one had rezzies up front (remote) and the Black Widow in the back. They were better then stock but I wasn't about to go out and buy a set. I took a chance after some serious research and ordered a set of Elkas. I took it out last weekend for the first time and they blew my mind. They're pricey but are worth "every penny". I cannot tell you how much of a difference they made. I like ripping WOT through the trails so I had them set up for "medium" firmness and specified "Cross Country". Truly amazing suspension. If you really want to make it worth your time and money check out: Elka, PEP, Axis . . . and I'm sure there are a few other top brands out there. No knock to "Works" but I really don't think they are worth buying. I'd really recommend saving some extra dough and getting a set of Elkas or something comparable. My setup was $1400.00 Thats for a set of Rec's on the front and a Remote Rezzie (sport/racing series) on the rear with a 45" hose attached to a remote rezzie.