PDA

View Full Version : Morning C-Class Rotation into 4th Row No More

Legal250R
04-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I have always felt that all the morning classes with the exception of the women and super seniors should rotate in a fixed order each week thus allowing almost all morning racers a reasonable chance at a good overall number. I was a fan of the rotation scheme for the C classes this year in that one C-Class started from the 4th row each week and all other C-Classes rotated from the 8th row back.

As related to me by a GNCC official at SC this was stopped permanently at SC because some of the utility riders complained bitterly after NC. No offense, but all I saw stuck in the big bottle neck on lap one were sport quads. A close friend who races utilities did not get hung up in the bottle neck in NC.

If you think the rotation scheme should be restarted, you need to email your feelings to the GNCC folks. For those of you that race in the morning, here are some rough statistics for your benefit. Over the first four races of this season, C-Class racers have constituted over 50% of all racers in the morning. Despite the majority of the C-Classes starting in the 8th row or farther back, C-Class racers have finished in the top thirty in the first four races 63 times (out of a total of 120). Thus, despite having poor starting positions generally, C-Class racers are fast enough to make it into the top 30 to occupy more than 1/2 of the top thirty positions in each race. These statistics more than refute the reasoning expressed to me that "more C-Class racers are really slow than racers from the classes that start in front of them (i.e. the utility classes). If you agree, please let the GNCC folks know. If enough of you complain as I have, maybe we can get this changed.

79400ex
04-14-2006, 07:38 PM
This s**k. That is the same excuse the women used several years ago to keep the front row start. It must been some big shot in the utitly class that complain and a sponsor. The women and utitly rider will know have a clear track and start lapping c class ridres before alot of the c-class riders finish thier first lap. some of these ridrs (utily and women) riders feel that they are better than all other riders that race in the morning.Just my two cent.

Big Chuck
04-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Ya , I was pissed off when I came to the line in SC. I ride C +35 and was expecting to be better than mid pack according to the way it was. I was fine with it. I mean, all but a small handfull of utility riders don't get passed by me and the top ten in my class. I don't get the reasoning behind what they are doing. I don't have anything personally against anyone on a utilty, but alot more of them refuse to move over than anyone that I fly up behind on a sport quad. They just aren't as nimble in the tight stuff and really hold up alot of us. I understand that they are racing too, I just think that EVERYONE SHOULD BE ROTATED REGAURDLESS OF TYPE OF QUAD OR GENDER!

GE4x4
04-15-2006, 06:14 AM
This is what I e-mailed to GNCC.

I just can't see why the C class riders continue to get punished when it come to what row we start on. Why is it you cater to the Utility riders and not let us rotate with them. I know there are some big name racers in those classes, but that is just a few. Just look on how many C riders show up compared to Utility racers, it's allmost 4-1 ratio. Look at the overall results, there are way more C riders in the top then Utility and yet we have to start behind them all the time. The first couple races you rotated us with them, but I guess some of the big names and sponsers got some pull because it was taken away. This just isn't fare as many of the C class racers are trying to get reconized so to get sponsers to help them move up, but sponsers look at overalls more then class results. I know there are some slow C class riders, but more then half of the utilty racers are slow to and many refuse to move, and a sport quad will not move them out of the way. It is a shame that you did this to us and I feel as well as all C class riders that we should be put back into the 4th row rotation.

prepracing
04-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Big Chuck
Ya , I was pissed off when I came to the line in SC. I ride C +35 and was expecting to be better than mid pack according to the way it was. I was fine with it. I mean, all but a small handfull of utility riders don't get passed by me and the top ten in my class. I don't get the reasoning behind what they are doing. I don't have anything personally against anyone on a utilty, but alot more of them refuse to move over than anyone that I fly up behind on a sport quad. They just aren't as nimble in the tight stuff and really hold up alot of us. I understand that they are racing too, I just think that EVERYONE SHOULD BE ROTATED REGAURDLESS OF TYPE OF QUAD OR GENDER!

100% agree with ya........ I have come to the conclusion that GNCC caters to the Pro's and factories/contingencies with whatever they want or feel the need for. And piss on the other 800 or 900 amatuer level class riders that actually keep the GNCC alive with strong attendance at EVERY race :grr:

SwainRacing
04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
GE4X4 Did you get a email back from GNCC about your email? Or any one else send a email to them? Did any one get a response back from them on why they will not be rotating the classes any more?

I will be sending them a email too this week. I will let you all know if I get a resopnse back.

GE4x4
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
No response yet.:grr:

JohnBMS
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM
My name is John Bowers, I am leading the points for the utility unlimited class, I understand what everyone is complaining about, I try to win the overall every week and the best I did was 13th, there is no way any one will beat the women with them starting in the front row, They want the women to win, why do you think they moved out the stock class, It really doesn't matter if you get #201, because a young kid that rides for my shop, Jarrod McClure , got #201 last year and we all went to the GNCC banquet and They never even mentioned his name, So My advice is go and win your class and get the prizes they give out at the banquet, because you really don't get anything from the GNCC people for getting #201 unless your in the womens class.
I have nothing against the women, there fast and there Doing good this year, But the morning race was alot more fun last year when you really didn't know who was going to win and be on the podium.
Good luck to every one and see ya in Tenn, The morning race would be alot better if All the slower riders would move over for the faster guys, it doesn't matter what class or quad you run

mills_racing
04-19-2006, 06:55 PM
i am currently leading the 16-21 c class, I feel that what ever RP decides is there choice and i will continue to do the best i can to finish well in the overall, this subject had been discussed over on quad zone alot and johnny G has made a few comments that makes alot of sense on this subject. by the way john was you seating at the same table as jarrod was at the banquet, we happened to be seated at the same table.

JohnBMS
04-19-2006, 07:03 PM
yes, I was at the same table last year as Jarrod, se ya in tenn

prepracing
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
i am currently leading the 16-21 c class, I feel that what ever RP decides is there choice and i will continue to do the best i can to finish well in the overall, this subject had been discussed over on quad zone alot and johnny G has made a few comments that makes alot of sense on this subject. by the way john was you seating at the same table as jarrod was at the banquet, we happened to be seated at the same table.

WAY TO GO.....glad to see a C -class rider make podium finish at Loretta's, very impressive. As for the utes there seems to be only a few people in each of the ute classes that are courteous enough to let people pass. And for the few poduim contenders in the ute classes you guys are plenty fast anyway. This weekend the little guy on the big red ute ( I couldn't see his # ) held up about 15 quads for atleast 2 miles, some people finally got by him when he rolled it on its side. Of course I got screwed and got hung up, dropped from my 3rd place position to 9th and thats where I ended up finishing. BUT I still say and agree with JohnBMS, for morning classes GNCC wants to see women on the podium.

JohnBMS
04-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Congrats. to the c rider on the podium, I was going for it, running 6th over all on 1st lap, and in the top ten over all on last lap, till I was passing a few lapers stuck on a hill and I bent a tie rod at the 8 mile marker, when I was 1st in my class. I kept stoping and bending it back by hand, buy I ended up making it to the 12 mile marker and that was it, I DNF after crashing 3 times because of it, But I was trying to move over and be nice to the guys who were catching me when I was trying to finish.

QuadRacer041
04-24-2006, 09:00 AM
if your trying for the overall in the morning race and you run the C class you dont belong in the C class. Move up to the afternoon class and run with the big boys. JUST MY OPINION

scramblerracer
04-24-2006, 04:31 PM
This was my first GNCC- I raced stock c class. I was surprised how many utes I caught on the first lap. Most were courteous and got over when possible. I had more of a problem with the slow c class riders that can't ride in the woods. I cannot believe how many people don't know how to ride up a hill. There was no reason to have racers waiting 50 deep on the hill climbs. I loved the race,even though I might of fried my motor with all of the mud in the radiator and I had to pull off because of the knocking. I can't wait for the next race. Fun racing with all of you- and congrats to Mr. Mills. Later

QUADROOKIE
04-24-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
if your trying for the overall in the morning race and you run the C class you dont belong in the C class. Move up to the afternoon class and run with the big boys. JUST MY OPINION

If you are in your first full year of racing, I dont care if you are running faster laps than Bill Ballance. You are entitled to stay in the C class and gain the experience just like everyone else. If you just happen to be good enuff, and/or work hard enuff to take the overall every race all year long, then great job!

scramblerracer
04-25-2006, 03:34 PM

Ladies- you heard him- move into PM pro class.

QuadRacer041
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by QUADROOKIE
If you are in your first full year of racing, I dont care if you are running faster laps than Bill Ballance. You are entitled to stay in the C class and gain the experience just like everyone else. If you just happen to be good enuff, and/or work hard enuff to take the overall every race all year long, then great job!

if your that fast you already have experiance. come on dude get real. you may technically entilted to race the class but you know you dont belong there and getting the overall should be second in line to all that experiance you want to get.
the rule is the rule, if you want to be closer to the front move to the om race and run a faster class.

QuadRacer041
04-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by scramblerracer
Ladies- you heard him- move into PM pro class.

im not saying move to the PRO class just move to the PM race and join a class you really belong in.

mills_racing
04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
if your that fast you already have experiance. come on dude get real. you may technically entilted to race the class but you know you dont belong there and getting the overall should be second in line to all that experiance you want to get.
the rule is the rule, if you want to be closer to the front move to the om race and run a faster class.

well i felt at the first of the season that i didnt have the expirence to run in the evening and be competitive because i was still makeing mistakes that shouldnt have happened.

79400ex
04-26-2006, 07:44 PM

The c class is the level at I race at in my series. So I take problem with your comment about quadrookie should move up to higher class. He feels that is his abilty level at this time. However, I ado know of some people who are planning to drop down a class at the Mo GNCC race. .