PDA

View Full Version : 300ex owners!!!!

Sjorge450R
04-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Here is a question.

Why dont 300ex's have a removable subframe???

I bent the crap out of mine at my last race. (mabey if I didnt jump like I was riding a 450)

Like it doesnt make sence. Why would honda make a frame without a removable subframe. Every frame that I see for sale, has a tweaked subframe.

So tomorow I am making some guesets for the sub frame and repairing it.

Does any one know where the main stress spots are on the 300ex frame cause, come this summer, I will have this entire quad ripped apart for guessets.

fast300ex59
04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
i was going to try to make a removeble subframe on mine but i for about it when i got it painted up

rollie
04-15-2006, 07:39 AM
Because honda never expected it to be raced like it is being now, remeber it was designed in the 80's, i would try to fix it id spend a little more $ and buy a used one thats not bent

Sjorge450R
04-15-2006, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by rollie
Because honda never expected it to be raced like it is being now, remeber it was designed in the 80's, i would try to fix it id spend a little more $ and buy a used one thats not bent

dont got that cash. Im going to bend it back and then gusset it. Mabey I will get a 400ex frame!!!! That would be nice. All that shock travel up front WITHOUT the problems of using relocators.