PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Bear Tracker *Cheap*

trailmaster
04-14-2006, 06:36 PM
This was my project quad thats almost finished. Im running out of time and need to make room for my 250r next weekend... so its got to go.

To start with, its an 01 Bear Tracker with an 02 Bear Tracker engine. When I bought this quad, the top end was blown. So instead of just rebuilding the top end, I found a complete 02 engine that ran with no problems.. so I bought it and installed it.

Before I installed the newer engine, I took the Bear Tracker all the way down to the frame and cleaned everything. The frame is in very good shape with no rust at all. Infact, very little scratches anywhere. I checked everything on this quad.. from bearings to seals, to new bolts, screws, washers..ect.

The plastic on this quad when I bought it had bedliner sprayed on it. I did not like it so I pealed it off... came off rather easy.. like tape. The plastic underneath is in good shape with your typical scratches and there is a small inch crack at the very bottom. Hard to even tell its there.

Anyways, I ended up installing the engine the other night and fired it up today. Started right away with no smoke. Carb. has also been cleaned. However, the battery is dead so this will need replaced... you can still use the pull start! I rode it around the yard and everything was perfect. Only thing it could use is a set of new tires and rear rims.. but dont need them right away.

This quad only needs a few things to be complete. I dont have time and need the room for my new quad.

Make an offer.. Need Cash! I can get some pics if anyone is interested. I have pics of the rebuild from the frame up also.

trailmaster
04-15-2006, 11:58 AM
KBB lists private party at $2075 and trade in value at $1385. Ill take $1200 firm. Only needs a battery and eventually tires. I maybe even be buying tires... This is a hell of a deal for a 01 Bear Tracker with a 02 engine. Those KBB prices are based on an 01 model. Must Sell!

benvw
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
could you send some pictures to benkris46@hotmail.com. Thanks.

trailmaster
04-18-2006, 01:28 PM
You know what guys.. I have decided to finish the project.. so Im no longer selling it at $1200. I just bought all new plastic for it and alot of extra stuff. I could take pics if you are still interested but theres no plastic on it yet. All I can say is it looks nice.. and will look nicer once I get the new plastic.