PDA

View Full Version : Cant see

Iliketogofast
04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
Has anyone ever scratched their eye before? I think I did - I can't see and it hurts real bad. I scratched it while riding in the woods real fast; a small branch whacked me in the eye.

How long does it take to get better? I can't stand this crap for much longer - I can;t even see to type.

MOFO
04-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Depending on the scratch, I'd highly suggest you see an eye doctor right away!

They will examine it, clean it, give you antibiotics if needed and possible give you steroids to build it back up.

Your vision is something you do not want to mess with.

trx400exxracer
04-14-2006, 06:34 PM
yeah man do what he says see an eye doctor right away

Iliketogofast
04-14-2006, 06:37 PM
The thing is, I'm not absolutely positive that it's a scratch. I don't want to go to the doctor and him say, "Dude, your a dumbass. There's a piece of tree bark in your eye."

I can't see it, but everyone I ask tells me it is. It feels like there's sand in it.

My mom won't take me to the doctor, and since I just turned 18 I don't have my own insurance. Wtf am I supposed to do? Is there anything to do at home to help it until tomorrow when my grandma or somebody will take me? It hurts so freakin bad I can't even see to type.

MOFO
04-14-2006, 06:40 PM
KEEP YOUR EYE CLOSED! If you cannot get to a doctor right away, keep it shut and make sure its cleaned out.

I'm telling you, DO NOT mess with your eyes. If you do not have insurance, its worth every penny to have a professional eye doctor look at it.

Is a couple bucks, or risk of being called a dumbass (which they wont call you that!) worth your vision in one eye???

04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
thats why i wear googles but yah u need to get help if its that bad AND DONT RUB IT...it will make things worse. u should still be under your parents insurance as long as you are attending school

RaptorRacer45
04-14-2006, 07:06 PM
if its that bad fill up a sink and dunk your face in it and blink like 20-30 times and see if that cleans it out......that works alot when crap liek that happens 2 me if theres anything in it

Ghost-Rider
04-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Dont rub it and also they sell at places live CVS and rite aid or most pharmcys them cleaning drops buy some and see if it helps and get to a eye doctor fast !!!

Hon300ex
04-14-2006, 07:58 PM
thats happend to my mom and she had to wear an eye patch for awhile. it happend to me but not as severe and i didnt do anything about it and now i always see a small line infront of everything if i look a certain way...:ermm:

Randy H
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
get some salien or how ever u spell it
hold ur eye open and look all directions and see if u can see annything in ur eye

SGA
04-14-2006, 11:08 PM
My cousin and I were zipping along in the boat one day and I heard a "Whap"! My cousin had a flying beetle hit him in the eye.
He had the same as you, hurt bad and couldnt see so he went to the eye doctor and a tiny piece of the beetles leg was stuck in the front of his eyeball. The doc got it out fine and gave him some medicine to prevent infection.
Dont mess around, go to the eye doctor or it could get infected and then you are bad off. Let us know.

Iliketogofast
04-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Well, this morning I can see, but the corner of the eye is blurry.

It still hurts but not as bad, and I woke up with a friggen cake of crap on my eye. Almost so much I couldn't open it.

I will most likely still go to the doctor if I can, cause I don't want to screw up my vision or anything. Thanks for the help guys.

Btw, the blinking in cold water helped it and made it not hurt so much. It made it easier for me to sleep at least. :D

polcat1p
04-15-2006, 08:18 AM
man that is the worst feeling
One morning i woke up around 3am and started panicing cause i couldnd see at all. It felt like someone was tossing sand in my eye if i tried to open them. Turn out it was welding flash, which i never heard of at the time. I feel you pain. I though i was blind

Ghost-Rider
04-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by polcat1p
One morning i woke up around 3am and started panicing cause i couldnd see at all. It felt like someone was tossing sand in my eye if i tried to open them. Turn out it was welding flash, which i never heard of at the time. I feel you pain. I though i was blind

Good thing you can see a little i got a knat in my eye from a few days ago still lol but im used to it i think itl come out

yo you didnt know about welding flashs?

04-15-2006, 09:17 AM
your going to have to have your eye amputated :eek: :eek: :eek:

i only have one eye because if that......

04-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by polcat1p

lol that would suck to be blind

good thing i practice :p

SGA
04-15-2006, 12:43 PM
I had welders flash one time. Thats a hurting SOB, feels like sand is being poured in your eyes.