PDA

View Full Version : pipe for a predator 2006

troylee500se
04-14-2006, 11:40 AM
looking to get a use pipe power tect 4 for 400$ is it any good dose it give power to the predator tank s

Blood500
04-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Never heard of it, but there all good, alot of people really like their HMF's, for headers i would say Raths are the best. i like my Nicholas cycle pipe alot.

wolffie
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
HMF is affordable, has great performance, and looks good in my opinion. $215 on motosport.com if you want one!

also, the the power package on www.nicholascycle.com is good too!

essentially the nicholas pipe is the HMF with absolutely no packing, and has some of the inner welds ground off. it is slightly more powerful but a hell of a lot louder!

smokinwrench
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
I say buy what ever pipe is cheap and looks good. All pipes are gonna make 1-3 hp without any other mods. Might as well buy teh one with the most bling factor.

calds650
04-19-2006, 04:39 AM
If it is a MBRP pipe I would stay away from it. They make good diesel truck exhaust but poor ATV exhaust they were heavy and made poor power.

Leschj03
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
is there a pipe for the pred that doesnt sound like a rock in a tin can. I got a good deal on a pred and know nothing about them, I ride honda but thought it would be a good backup bike. It has the Nicholas cycle pipe on it and it just sounds like crap, also to loud. neighbors sucks. I was a cheap pipe??

Blue_Streak23
04-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Leschj03
is there a pipe for the pred that doesnt sound like a rock in a tin can. I got a good deal on a pred and know nothing about them, I ride honda but thought it would be a good backup bike. It has the Nicholas cycle pipe on it and it just sounds like crap, also to loud. neighbors sucks. I was a cheap pipe??

The Q-Series by FMF?:confused: Maybe? I have never rode one, but have heard good things about them!

MAaudioX10
04-21-2006, 12:33 AM
For starters, I think the Nicholas Cycle pipe is a horrid pipe. There is NOTHING to that pipe. It is an empty HMF shell. With a $300 price tag.

I had one for 1 ride. Sounded like crap and, performed equally as such. The whole setup is a bad idea. Think of it this way, with you average aftermarket exhaust, there is a core with packing surround. This is a guide for the exhaust. The exhaust has a path out of the can. With a hollow can, there is no direction. The gases has to find there own way out. Thus, slowing down the flow. In turn, this creats a back flow, if you will....not back pressure, that effects the performance of the machine.

Had a great engine builder explain this to me once. Didn't think much of it until I ran the pipe for a day. Spent $60 and, ordered a core, packing, end cap, and HMF name plate. Turned it into an HMF and love the performance over the "Nicholas Cycle" Pipe.

Besides, let the price speak for itself. $215 for an HMF slip on or, $300 for an HMF completely gutted. Getting less for more.....

MAaudioX10
04-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Leschj03

1-866-HMF-PIPE

Call them, great people. Order a perferated core and a packing pillow.

The core cost me $15 and the packing was $20. Shipping was another 10. For $45, you turn your frown upside-down. It will get quieter but, not by much and, the sound is just MEAN! You'll love it!

You will have to get that core tack welded in. Any metal shop should be able to do this for you or, hell, if you are ever in des moines, I'll get it done for you at my shop.

Bradracer18
04-21-2006, 06:26 AM
I agree 100%.......fix it up like he says^^^^^^

tar
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
2 of my cousins have predators and one has a pure Polaris and the other one has a HMF. They both seem to be pretty good and loud pipes.

phxccw
04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
I put on a Big Gun Race on my 03 pred and love it.