PDA

View Full Version : Pro Design Kill Switch

MossboysRacing
04-14-2006, 11:37 AM
So i had a stupid moment during my recent rubuild. I run Harescrambles and use a tether kill switch (pro design). I took it off a few years ago and now its time to go back on for the GNCC. Well, i forgot how to wire it up. I know Laugh it up. I know one wire goes to the ground, and the other to the coil. But where to the coil and what wire do i have to cut to splice it in? Like most men, we lose the directions the day we get them. THanks, John

stever250r
04-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Sounds like yoiu have it all right to me. The ground wire is the lower wire on the switch mount, any frame ground point will work.

The hot wire is the upper wire that runsinto the switch where the tether chord actually snaps behind. That should splice into the hot side of the coil. The hot wire on the coil should be the right hand wire if looking at the coil from the rear.

Someone please chime in and correct me if Im wrong.

TomDnSC
04-14-2006, 03:19 PM
If you hook it up backwards, it will shock the fool out of you if you touch the base of the kill switch (the part that doesn't move) while it is running. It can also stall your quad if the switch gets covered in wet mud if you hook it up this way.

wilkin250r
04-14-2006, 08:18 PM
It should be the black/white wire. Splice it, and connect the other side of the kill switch to ground. When you pull the tether, it completes the circuit and connects that black/white wire directly to ground.

Like Tom mentioned, look at your kill switch and figure out which side to connect. One wire is connected to a bit of metal that's exposed to the outside, and if you have that side connected to the live wire, it will shock the crap out of you. It could also short out on it's own and kill your engine. The side that has the bare metal exposed should be connected to ground.

MossboysRacing
04-14-2006, 08:43 PM
thanks a bunch, if i shock the hell out of me, i will let you know, so u can all laugh,