PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak

MossboysRacing
04-14-2006, 11:32 AM
So I have been finishing up breaking in my new top end when i noticed i have an oil leak. I put all new seals in the engine during the rebuild, and the oil leak is coming out of the weep hole. Im assuming that it is the oil seal on the inside of the clutchcover, ont he impeller shaft. Does that sound right? Im pretty sure it is, but i wanted to double check. Im trying to get it all fixed so i can run the Missouri GNCC in a few weeks. Thanks, John

matt250r21
04-14-2006, 06:58 PM
Have you put coolant in the system yet? I would check the clutch cover gasket and make sure it is seated right. I thought the weep hole only let coolant pass when the mechanical seal went bad, never heard of oil leaking from it. But I guess if the mechanical seal is good and the oil seal in front of the bearing is bad it could pass oil out the hole.

MossboysRacing
04-14-2006, 10:05 PM
i bought a new clutch cover gasket today, along with a new impeller oil seal. It only leaks when the bike is warmed up, so i wasn't sure. It is full of coolant, and doesn't leak water. It took me 2 days to find the exact leak. I ended up letting it idle untill warm then wedged a q-tip into the weep hole. It was then that i figured it was coming out of the weep hole.