PDA

View Full Version : amsoil oil

400exrules
04-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Ive been running honda gn4 10w-40 in my 400ex, but im going to switch over to synthetic 20w-50. I was thinking about amsoil but their are several different kinds, which kind should i get, anything i need to look for like...*works /w wet clutches*, etc.

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2006, 10:29 AM
Amsoil 10W-40 (MCF) Motorcycle Oil.

This came highly recommended, and I just started using it!:macho

Best wishes!

400exrules
04-14-2006, 10:42 AM
i need a 20w-50 cuz it gets hot as crap around here

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Hotter than Phoenix, Arizona?? :eek:

You should be fine with the 10W-40. :)

Aceman
04-14-2006, 01:08 PM
PM Rico, he'll answer your questions.;)

400exrules
04-14-2006, 08:48 PM
i cant find amsoil anywhere, i tried walmart, napa, and autozone.....where can i get it? or is there another good synthetic oil i should use?

Ex'r Marlin
04-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
PM Rico, he'll answer your questions.;)

I would try Rico... Or look in the yellow pages of your phone book under Oil - Lubricating. There, you may see an Amsoil dealer near you.

Note: Don't be surprised if the dealer happens to be a home residence... That's what happened to me.

Good luck!

ckasper18
04-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I only run the honda oil in all my quads i have nothing against amsoil but i will always use the GN4 or HP4.............

Aceman
04-14-2006, 11:03 PM
After reading your occupation Ckasper I can understand why. Can you say--dealer cost.:p

rmz250
04-15-2006, 07:20 PM
That stuff is expensive. I got in my crf and its still clean after 10 hours on my bike. I don't know if I should switch over t belray thumper 4 stroke oil though.

Rico
04-17-2006, 07:42 AM
Amsoil is sold thru independent dealers, which means you can't buy it off the shelf. Unless a dealer setup a commercial account with a local parts store.

You can go to amsoil.com and search for a local dealer also, but odds are it will be someone selling it out of their house.

I can get any type of Amsoil products you wish and ship anywere in the US, or you can order it online thru my website, which you can get too by clicking the www below.

It is expensive but you get what you pay for and if your Looking for a good oil to have crisper shifts, extend your drain intervals, a smoother running drive train, better cold weather starts, cooler running temps, and prolong your Clutch Fiber plates then Amsoil is what you need.

I run 20w-50 year round. All 3 versions of oil that Amsoil has for ATV's are good in any condition, they are all completely safe with wet clutches and each has it's own additives besides the viscocity differences.

I looked at prices of the Honda oil last time I was in the stealership and just about chit my britches at the cost. They should be locked up and possible shot for charging that much money for standard petroleum oil

I"m said it many times, if your going to run petroleum oil, go to walmart and buy the cheapest stuff they have. Petroleum oil is all the same, you pay for a name on a bottle and its' all worth about 50 cents.

I hope this post doesn't get deleted by a mod for advertising. I"m answering a question not really advertising....:D