PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Ground Clearance From Houser

stumpleg
04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
I am looking at purchasing a set of these long travel a-arms from Houser. What I am wanting to know is how wide it will put me for XC, and some opinions about them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know most people like the ARS-FX setup, but not looking at spending that kind of money right now.

I am currently running 4+1 offset Hipers with Derisi rebuilds on stock a-arms, and so far I haven't had any trouble running XC. Thanks.

Scro
04-14-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm not real sure, but I think I am at 46 1/2" with 4/1 wheels. It is plenty narrow for any harescramble you will do. You will be pleased with these arms, if you do decide to purchase them.

Dave400ex
04-14-2006, 02:58 PM
You shouldn't be a whole lot wider then stock, they are only +.5. So if you are running 4+1 wheels it takes that almost back off.
I plan on buying these arms soon.

ronnie
04-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
I am looking at purchasing a set of these long travel a-arms from Houser. What I am wanting to know is how wide it will put me for XC, and some opinions about them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know most people like the ARS-FX setup, but not looking at spending that kind of money right now.

I am currently running 4+1 offset Hipers with Derisi rebuilds on stock a-arms, and so far I haven't had any trouble running XC. Thanks. i got 04 honda they are .5 wider im runnig 4+1 offset they are recalling 04- 05 they .the missed up on the lower a arms they are sending me new ones monday .i realy like them alot so far they have more clearemce than any other a arms out there on 06 honda they are .2.5 wider

cracer250
04-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Since you already have the stock shock rebuilds, take a look at SMC Fabrication. They have the High Clearance a-arms, similar to houser. Plus, they come in standard travel so you don't need to switch shocks. I have them and they are worth 10 times the money. Steve will really take care of you.