PDA

View Full Version : anyone here running an ids/2

wicked_silver
08-01-2002, 07:27 AM
Is anyone running an IDS/2 from supertrapp, my brother has one on his foreman and it sounds great, just wondering about the performance it gives you and the sound. Thankx

08-01-2002, 11:30 AM
I would recomend getting one. I had one on my 400ex, and it gave it a nice throaty "brap" ing kind of sound. I ran 10 disks, 155mj, raised needle, and 6 1"holes in the airbox lid, and it was much snappier than stock. mostly top end was noticeable. I took it off to sell it seperatly from my EX(selling my ex as well) to get more money. Got $150 out of that pipe I had for a year. anyway, when I put my modified stock pipe on, it actually had more bottom end power, slightly less mid, and noticably less top end. top end felt a bit more flat, and less snappy. quieter though. I still prefere the high performance sound of the IDS2 over the stock pipe, or any pipe for that matter. I personally havently heard a better sounding pipe on a 400ex(louder, yes, but none any sweeter). I say go for it.

and when I say bottom end power, it is on the very bottom(1300-2500rpm). the supertrapp would wheelie better.

SporTrax400
08-01-2002, 01:58 PM
I have the ids 2 on both of my 400exs. I can beat any other piped 400 I've raced. The difference between the stock pipe and the ids2 is night and day. It is really nice. I would reccomend gettin it.

Greg

tants
08-01-2002, 04:38 PM
my friend has a ids2 on his 300ex. it added a lot of power and its not too loud

crashinmatt
08-01-2002, 08:56 PM
i had one on my 400 and didnt really like it. i almost think that it wasnt the right application though. i got it from my dealer and they said it was right. it mounted up really loosely and after a few rides it just bounced around. plus when i tried to change discs one of the allen bolts inside broke. then when i went to repack it, it would come apart. this could have been a problem with just mine but i thought i would add my 2 cents.

Dune Surfer
08-12-2002, 08:51 PM
I just installed one on my 400, at the same time I installed 12 one inch uni airbox vents, a 160 main jet and a whith bro's cdi,and a 14 tooth sprocket, it is a different bike, I can't believe it . The supertrapp sounds great.

Porkchop
08-12-2002, 09:00 PM
anyone got any pictures? this just might be my next pipe on the beast :macho

08-12-2002, 09:19 PM
So you guys are saying that the IDS2 looses bottom end? :huh

Has anyone tried reducing the number of discs??

I have heard that its a very tuneable silencer and can be adjusted to either more top or bottom end better than the more popular disc type silencers.

Also seems to give chad Duvall enough bottom end.

Dune Surfer
08-17-2002, 04:25 AM
I did not lose any top end in fact I gained across the rpm range. I think the key is in the jetting and amount of air your pushing through. When you install this rejet and install a K&N and outerware. I promise you wont be dissapointed.