PDA

View Full Version : One stolen 250r found , and one theif going to be screwed(no pun intended)

440ex#28
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
well some of you may know that my 250r and DustinB's 250r where stolen from a local MX track here in ohio on Jan 14th. Well a couple weeks ago, a member of this forum showed me a forsale add on YFZcentral, and the 250r that was being sold was a definite combination of your two quads(mostly DustinB's), it turns out that the quad was in maine. after contacting the person in posession of the bike, who was very cooperative, we were able to track down where he had gotten it from in Ohio. we found two men, then contacted the police and gave them probable cause to arrest one of the men, he later then admitted to stealing the bikes. I can sure say i am one happy camper and so is my friend, but one problem was that my 250r was never really was found with the exception of my plastic and exhaust that were on DustinB's 250r.

This is what the bike in maine for sale looked like:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/sjd97350/DSCF0062.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/sjd97350/DSCF0061.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/sjd97350/DSCF0060.jpg
Here is my quad:
http://i2.tinypic.com/vevhp0.jpg
http://i2.tinypic.com/vevihe.jpg
DustinB's Quad:
http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-trx250-87-bikepics-497354.jpg
http://bikepics.com/pics/pics/honda-trx250-87-bikepics-497351.jpg

See the similarities!!!!

Ill i know is i have a court date scheduled for next week and i better be reinbursed for my quad!! and the Effer is going to jail for a while.

04-13-2006, 08:03 PM
wow...you should give a big thanks to the guy on yfzcentral that spotted it!!

man...maine, thats wild

good job man! :macho

:muscle: :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

A A R O N
04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
man, im real happy for ya....if i were to get my quad stolen, i'd be devistated.....one thing i wanna know is....How much did that lowlife let it go for when he sold it to the guy in maine?

Congrats on finally gettin one of them back, and at least finding somebody who did it, and hopefully you either find yours, or get at least what you paid for it.

440ex#28
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by A A R O N
man, im real happy for ya....if i were to get my quad stolen, i'd be devistated.....one thing i wanna know is....How much did that lowlife let it go for when he sold it to the guy in maine?

Congrats on finally gettin one of them back, and at least finding somebody who did it, and hopefully you either find yours, or get at least what you paid for it.

im not sure how mush he sold it for, i might find it out at the preliminary court hearing next week.

04-13-2006, 09:46 PM
good luck getting your money back...im sure this will be a BIG hassle...your about to see how messed up the judicial system is in this country first hand

440ex#28
04-13-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
good luck getting your money back...im sure this will be a BIG hassle...your about to see how messed up the judicial system is in this country first hand

Well either the judicial system will make him pay me back right away or i WILL file a lawsuit.

derekhonda
04-13-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 440ex#28
Well either the judicial system will make him pay me back right away or i WILL file a lawsuit.

Thats not the point hes trying to make. Number 1, The criminal probably wont have a lot of money (reason why he stole?) for you to extract from him. Number 2, even if he does have money, it will take you months even years to actually get a check, if you ever do.

04-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by 440ex#28
Well either the judicial system will make him pay me back right away or i WILL file a lawsuit. have fun and good luck with all that

Iliketogofast
04-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Don't get your hopes up. Unless you get reak lucky, you probably won't be reimbursed at all.

You'll be lucky to get a "Sorry" and a pat on the back.

The thief on the other hand, will not. He'll probably go to jail.

Anyway, enlighten me: The thief sold the mixed up R to a guy, and you got it from him? How did you get it from the guy?

440ex#28
04-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Iliketogofast
Don't get your hopes up. Unless you get reak lucky, you probably won't be reimbursed at all.

Anyway, enlighten me: The thief sold the mixed up R to a guy, and you got it from him? How did you get it from the guy?

The theif sold the mixed up R(in pieces) to another person in Ohio, this man had somthing to do with the robbery, then he traded the 250r and a cannondale to some guy in Maine for a YFZ, the guy in maine not knowing it was stolen tryed to sell it on YFZ central, i them found out about this, contacted the police in his area and the repo'd it............. after all that the guy in maine told the police where he had gotten it, then the cops questions these two guys in ohio and one admitted to taking them, but wont tell where mine is............Long and confusing i know lol

I talked to the prosecuter, and she told me that the law is he has to reinburse me for the claimed value of my quad.

And from what i heard he isnt poor, hes just F'ed up enough to take other peoples sh*t.

jdwxv3
04-14-2006, 07:27 AM

If you read the first post I think you can awnser your question. I belive someone on this site found the quad for sale on yfzcentral.com and let this guy know about it.

Iliketogofast
04-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Nah, he answered me above= I wanted to know how he actually recovered it from the guy who ended up with it. If I was the guy I wouldn't have given it up.

440ex#28
04-14-2006, 11:38 AM
Nah, he answered me above= I wanted to know how he actually recovered it from the guy who ended up with it. If I was the guy I wouldn't have given it up.

He had no choice, the police were going to take it or he would have been charged with posetion of stolen property

jdwxv3
04-14-2006, 01:06 PM

Aggh. I see, sorry about the confusion. I am just happy he got his stuff back. Later guys, Josh

bigbadbrad
04-14-2006, 10:32 PM
hey do yo know where in maine, it probally was not to far from me. I had probally seen it for sale in the local swap buy sell guide and wanted to buy it, good thing i did not.

440ex#28
04-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
hey do yo know where in maine, it probally was not to far from me. I had probally seen it for sale in the local swap buy sell guide and wanted to buy it, good thing i did not.

I think it was Wells county.