PDA

View Full Version : tire orientation!

HRC_rider
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
Picked up my tires tonight (Holeshot HDs) and went to put the right front wheel on first when I noticed both front tires were mounted with the tread pattern oriented for the left!!! Of course the shop is now closed for the long weekend.....nice. I can't believe I just threw them in the back of the truck figuring they were right!

yamablaster24
04-13-2006, 07:24 PM
run one of them over, pop the bead, throw some grease on the bead, slide them off, more grease and slide them over the rim with some big pry bars and tire spoons. I have done it at least 10 times.

HRC_rider
04-13-2006, 07:31 PM
what exactly do you mean by run it over? Also what pressure is required to set the bead once I get it back on?

gbcap
04-13-2006, 07:36 PM
take them to any automotive tire shop. they can change them for you. will take them about 1 minute. literally.

by run them over he means. take all the air out...break the bead by running them over with a vehicle or heavy object. use two large screwdrivers/prybars/tire spoons to get the bead over the wheel. using the grease to make it slide easier.

my suggestion is to take them to a tire shop. it would take less time even with the driving and they might charge you 5 bucks. haha. or nothing just as a customer service.

awj8074
04-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by HRC_rider
what exactly do you mean by run it over? Also what pressure is required to set the bead once I get it back on? you will hear it pop when it sets the bead

danniheyj82888
04-14-2006, 09:13 AM
yup any tire shop will do it