PDA

View Full Version : lignition light mounting

michael250
04-13-2006, 06:33 PM
can some of yall post pics of where and how yall remounted yalls igniton and lights with after market bars.thanks

Sjorge450R
04-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by michael250
can some of yall post pics of where and how yall remounted yalls igniton and lights with after market bars.thanks

see it on the red plastic near the handle bars, infront of the supertrapp sticker???

Dr89
04-16-2006, 06:24 PM
i did the same thing as Sjorge on my 2003 300ex but on this new one i bought as a project i've done somethin else,.,.,.this isnt a pic of my quad...i stole it off of here from 300exOH as a kind of blue print for myself but its a real good idea.

PolarisRider
04-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Dr89
i did the same thing as Sjorge on my 2003 300ex but on this new one i bought as a project i've done somethin else,.,.,.this isnt a pic of my quad...i stole it off of here from 300exOH as a kind of blue print for myself but its a real good idea.

wow, that IS a really good idea! gotta look into that:)

300exOH
04-16-2006, 09:41 PM

Stealing my idea are ya? J/K:devil:

This is a really easy project and I haven't had any troubles with it. The hardest part is getting the hole for the key switch to fit right. Took me a couple tries to get it right. You can get the sheets of aluminum from any hardware store or even home depot. I just drilled two 1/2" holes for the lights and another 3/4"-1" hole(can't remember which) for the switch then I used the flat side of a file to cut a notch for the tab on the switch to fit into. I actually got the idea from seeing the billet ignition holders. It isn't as strong but it really doesn't need to be. Glad to see y'all like the idea though.

Dr89
04-17-2006, 06:37 PM
This is a really easy project and I haven't had any troubles with it. The hardest part is getting the hole for the key switch to fit right. Took me a couple tries to get it right. You can get the sheets of aluminum from any hardware store or even home depot. I just drilled two 1/2" holes for the lights and another 3/4"-1" hole(can't remember which) for the switch then I used the flat side of a file to cut a notch for the tab on the switch to fit into. I actually got the idea from seeing the billet ignition holders. It isn't as strong but it really doesn't need to be. Glad to see y'all like the idea though.

yea it is really easy, but i was gonna ask you before i mounted it up about what size of hole you think it is for the key switch? you think its about 1" or so right? i was just gonna start small and work up but i didnt know what a good starting point would be.

300exOH
04-18-2006, 08:39 AM
yea it is really easy, but i was gonna ask you before i mounted it up about what size of hole you think it is for the key switch? you think its about 1" or so right? i was just gonna start small and work up but i didnt know what a good starting point would be.

I would start with a 3/4" bit and go from there. Not postitive but I think the 1" hole was too large. Make sure the switch fits tightly in the hole or it will turn when you turn the key.