PDA

View Full Version : DG Exhaust

Holsh
04-13-2006, 05:13 PM
Does anyone have or know how good the DG Bullet Exhaust is. just don't know much about them. Thanks

exrider008
04-13-2006, 05:14 PM
DG is all around a crap pipe. i would just save up and get something better.

nator187
04-13-2006, 06:05 PM
I bought a DG first and I liked it... Good sound and even better power. I would say via testing on my personal butt dyno that my DG had more bottom end than my yosh but the yosh was better mid and high.

And the DG I had was far from a junk pipe. Well built and very strong welds.

Nator187

YFZ450Ridr
04-13-2006, 08:00 PM
i wouldnt buy from DG. when i bought my quad it came with all dg skids, bumper, and nerfs. the skid plates are slowy cracking all along the welds and after hitting a tiny tree the bumper was completly toast. i rolled the quad on its side in a trail and one of the nerfs is now bent.

i have an AC bumper now and the quality is much better. my friend has all AC skids and nerfs and they are holding up MUCH better. advice from me, dont buy DG!

Holsh
04-14-2006, 09:34 PM
I wasn't goin to buy one just wondering, but thanks for the info.

whiteflash
04-15-2006, 05:42 PM
i have the DG excellerator pipe and i like it alot. good power gains down low....

04-15-2006, 07:42 PM
umm...dg's been there done that...and they are true crap...i think they are some of the worst pipes out there

250r/kfxrider
04-15-2006, 08:57 PM
according to dirt wheels magazine, they wouldn't even test the DG pipe due to the fact the unlike any other of the 20 pipes tested the DG was blowing out packing pieces. DG is the worst pipe to buy guarunteed, they are cheap for a reason!!

DVX440
04-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Curtis Sparks or CT Racing... love em both
DG stands for Dollar General:D

Joetrx
04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
My brother have an Curtis Spark on his Yfz450 and due to an accident he destroy his pipe. He decide to go for something rare. He had buy the DG bullet complete system. His answer ; awsome ! the DG give him higher Hp at low RPM and hit harder on mid range. He would not trade his DG for another Curtis sparks. This are not other person idea, we had try this pipe and know that it is not a piece of scrapt:devil:

rrguy
04-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Wow thats odd, most of the people that had something good to say about DG exhaust, actually had some experience with one? Goes to show how good hear say information is. I am not saying they always made the best, but Joetrx is the only one that had experince with a bullet system. I had the stage II old style on a KFX. For the money it was a good system.

Holsh
04-19-2006, 03:21 PM
The only pipes around here are Pro Circuti T-4 and I like. Has a good sound, but I would buy an HMF b/c it is cheaper and good power from what I hear.

DVXchic
04-20-2006, 08:27 PM
I had a DG on my DVX, I though it was a great pipe ugly, but worked good. although it wasn't the new bullet. I would love to try one. I think they are a great looking pipe, and because they are cheaper doesn't mean they are crap.
Personally i think the HMF is way too loud, and with all the new restrictions at the races or where ever, that may also be something to look into. I have a very loud pipe on my bike now and am seriously considering a QC for it.

hemp450r
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
i thought a lot about which pipe to buy, i don't race but like to ride hard, lots of trails, dunes, gravel pits, race trck, i settled on a DG Bullet full exhaust, cut a 5' x6" hole in airbox, k & n filter 180 main, new needle a/f needle 2 1/2 turns out, runs AWSOME pipe is great qaulity and looks a hundred times better than a DATED pro-circuit t-4, put that t-4 on a qaud of the same era, a banshee hahaha

drnez
01-12-2007, 05:26 AM
I use to have a Stage 2 System from DG. It worked great! It just got old and needed a repacking, took quite a beating, so I went and bought the HMF i'm running now. DG makes a great pipe for the money, dont let all these "he said, she said" people tell you any different.

quadman 05400ex
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
i got a full dg on my exand i like it the thing pulls harder the my dr.d and the head pipe looks nice to

Tri-valleyracin
01-19-2007, 01:49 PM
i have one on my dads z400 and it is prolly the best pipe for low end. we bout it used and it has 3 race seasons on it as of now and its starting to crack but not much. i think the stage one is sick and for the plates to adjust it is sick. if you take them out its so loud. best $60 spent on his quad.