PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever???

premiumtommy
04-13-2006, 02:17 PM
has anyone ever just connected 2 stock oil coolers inline of each other instead of using aftermarket??

i know you would need a lil more oil...

anyone ever try it?

did it work?......good?

coryatver
04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't think it would fit around the frame and stuff and i don't even want to think of how you would mount it.

PismoLocal
04-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Yep its been done and i was planning on doing it but i bought remote rezzie shocks and coulnd figure out where to mount everything. Here is the quad that made me want to do it i forget whos it is but he had a whole write up on how to do it on this sight about a year ago.

PismoLocal
04-13-2006, 02:41 PM
I have the extra oil cooler and the lines. I bought them brand new from the honda dealer, i havent even hooked it up, ill sell em to ya if you want.

premiumtommy
04-14-2006, 08:30 AM
thanks pismo. my current project is porting my head. if i am still interested i will let you know.

thanks for the pic. i'll do a search for the write-up

400exrider99
04-14-2006, 09:41 AM
that is a good idea but were can i buy one and how hard would it be to mount and does anyone have any close up pics

Rico
04-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Seems like a good idea for the dunes but all other riding you'd need something to protect it from rocks and sticks. some type of shield because once the fins get clogged with mud it's useless.

Probably a lot of time and effort for minimum temp change.