PDA

View Full Version : Tightening Rear Disk and Axle

RangerRick
04-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I was wondering how to do this.I think my axle nut isnt holding like it should since the rear rotor wiggles pretty good.Would this cause my whole axle assembly to be loose?I dont need that after just putting in new rear wheel bearings and messing up my carrier once again.I cant ride now until im sure.lol.Thanks.

Buffalo400
04-13-2006, 02:45 PM
locktite rules......

RangerRick
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
I got a little bit left.I think I found out how to do it but I am going to need to take it completly off again and clean it since theres dirt in the threads or something.Anyone else have a sugestion or is taking it off a good idea?

ZSK
04-13-2006, 07:06 PM
I deffinately would not put loctite on the axle nut. It will just make it more of a PITA when you need to remove the axle next time for whatever reason. Torque the nut and jam nut to factory specs and then wrap the remaining threads and the jam nut and nut in electrical tape or duct tape. Odd yes, but it works great, you can also get a pinch type nut or antifade.

hushmoons
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
should both axle nuts be tightened into the rotor assembly ?:confused:

quad2xtreme
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by hushmoons
should both axle nuts be tightened into the rotor assembly ?:confused:

You tighten down the bell shaped nut first then tighten the thinner nut against it to lock it in place.

/Jon