PDA

View Full Version : Precision vs W.E.R. stabilizer

Kurt Glore
04-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I've been reading a lot of good things about the Precision stabilizer. I'm currently running a W.E.R. on my 450R and I do XC. I'm wondering if anyone can compare the two. Is the Precision worth the extra cash? From the looks and description they seem to perform with the same technology.

Thanks in advance for any help/comments!

Kurt

fandl450r
04-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I've gotten some seat time on the WER, and I run a Precision on mine. The linkage system on the Precision in my opinion is a much better system and uses some unique pivot points. The Precision seems to have a little more adjustment. Other than that both are superb compared to a stick style dampener. Both soak up just about anything you can throw at it.

Kurt Glore
04-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll most likely stick with the W.E.R. for the remainder of this season. I can use the price difference on something else with out a doubt. :)

04-14-2006, 05:47 AM
i rode a precision very briefly and from that ride I just could not justify spending all that extra money on it

Colby@C&DRacing
04-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
i rode a precision very briefly and from that ride I just could not justify spending all that extra money on it

So from your very brief ride you formed an educated opinion on a product that takes some time to dialin for each rider and each type of terrain:eek2:

Both the WER and Precision are great products. As fandl450r stated the mounting system and linkage system on the Precision are very nice I also like the fact that you can dial in the sides and the center seperate from each other.

woodsman250r
04-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike

I am willing to bet if you had a chance to put more ride time on it you would see spending the extra money. Both are great units but I have riden both and can conclude that the precison is the better of the two based on performance and adjustability.

IrideMHSC
04-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Is the side to side adjustments available on the WER?? and how much is the WER i want to get one for my z-400 and tryin to figre how much money i need to stash outta my paychecks...

Colby@C&DRacing
04-17-2006, 08:20 AM
no side to side adj on the WER