PDA

View Full Version : ARGGG, Help me. please...

DVXchic
04-13-2006, 11:52 AM
OK, we put the little beast back together, Now it ran fine other then the blown gasket when we took it apart. Now the problem is it won't start, the only thing it does is click when the wires are touched (start switch gone) , then nothing. Could it be the starter? CDI? I don't know we have gone through the wiring a million times and everything looks fine. It's almost like there is too much of a draw for the battery or starter. Please help. any ideas...

300exOH
04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
That sounds like what my daughters polaris 90 is doing. I think the problem with ours is the starter relay. It could be your starter solenoid(sp) also. I haven't bothered to fix our since it has a backup kickstart though.

grizzlykev
04-13-2006, 03:15 PM
could be the starter but check the fuses and the starter wire ours rubbed threw and blew the fuse then it did nothing .it got pinched by the frame

DVXchic
04-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Well, we figured it out. when we put the head back on, we noticed a spacer that went with the old gasket, the head has had some work so we put it back on with the new gasket. well the problem was the piston was hitting the head and jamming it up, so now i am looking for a new head. we figure that was what was making the slapping noise before we took it apart. It all makes sense now....:D

LT80
04-16-2006, 08:17 AM
The head is ruined now??? I think maybe not.
You can use an extra base gasket.
Maybe the motor builder can recommend. The cylinder had to be decked and the head shaved plenty to come close to hitting.

DVXchic
04-17-2006, 08:27 AM
The motor was pulled apart by another shop after you built it LT, we are guessing that he put it back together wrong, maybe... I don't know. so your saying an extra base gasket will be fine. we have to order another gasket kit anyway.
Thanks for the responses guys.

LT80
04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
LMAO!! I guess the builder can recommend,,seeins it's me.:D
Try the extra base gasket or send me the head and I'll relieve it a lil.
When something like this arises, PLEASE contact me. I'll gladly help. :)

DVXchic
04-20-2006, 08:09 PM
LMAO, I was wondering what you were talking about when you said that. The new gasket kit will be here tomorrow. I will let you know what happens.