PDA

View Full Version : new 06 with HRC kit?

redhondi400
04-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Ok so I got a quote today. $6200 OTD or $6600 out the door with HRC kit. I think these are pretty good deals. My question is should I get it with the HRC kit. I dont really race too much but I may run a couple D races this year. Most of the time I am in the woods on some hard trails, and plenty of open fields. How is the power, its the HRC power to much for a trail rider? I do know how to ride, been riding since I was 9. Whats everyone's opinion?

KRMit
04-13-2006, 10:33 AM
IMO the HRC kit is an almost necessary upgrade for the 450r. Trail riding will be easier if anything after you install it. If I yank on the bars I can pull a wheelie in 5th. :eek2:

$400 for the kit installed isn't too bad since the kit is about $300 alone. It would save you the hassle. I would go for it.

redhondi400
04-13-2006, 11:01 AM
IS it any louder with the HRC kit. I have the e-series on my 400 and the old riders complain. So I want to keep my 450 quiet.

KRMit
04-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, you change the baffle out with it. It's louder but nowhere near as loud as an aftermarket pipe. I wouldn't worry about that.

redhondi400
04-13-2006, 01:50 PM
well maybe I will get the dealer to give me the parts taken out. I know it hurt the performance but I would like to just throw the baffle in for a weekend here and there. I guess I will have to rejet it then too.

450rJam
04-13-2006, 04:10 PM
my 06 with hrc kit isnt very loud at all, it has a deep sound when its hammered but compaired to all the 400ex's around here mine is super quiet.
has anyone heard the whisle ?
at the dunes my friends said when I sail by them they heard a whisle.
first I thought they where kidding and I told them it was me rubbing in the victory but when I let a buddy ride it I heard what they where talking about. its not very loud but it is a definate whisle.

KRMit
04-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Yeah, weird how you can't hear it when you ride it though. I personally don't like the sound of it that much and will probably be getting another pipe.

roundsy
04-14-2006, 09:33 AM
i know there is a HP gain with the installation of thsi kit?...but how much exactly...and also is the speed increased? if any one has stock results compared to the HRC results i wouldnt mind seeing them too?

thanks

xtuner
04-14-2006, 09:13 PM
I installed the HRC kit in my 06 R and it runs alot better
It is easier to start and the terrible 06 bog is gone. It is like riding a wild animal in 1st and 2nd gear.

eganracing
04-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by redhondi400
well maybe I will get the dealer to give me the parts taken out. I know it hurt the performance but I would like to just throw the baffle in for a weekend here and there. I guess I will have to rejet it then too.

dont even bother with the baffle. the bike is much quiter than a 400 with a e-series. personally i hate the stock pipe sound. o and when u see the baffle that comes out of your pipe u will be amazed.