PDA

View Full Version : l/t trx450 shocks on a lfz450

jiffers
04-13-2006, 06:24 AM
a friend of mine has been offered a set of new long travel elka shocks off a trx 450 and he is just going to fit long travel to his 05 yfz but will these elkas fit?? i know we may have to make some spacers up

jiff

fandl450r
04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by jiffers
a friend of mine has been offered a set of new long travel elka shocks off a trx 450 and he is just going to fit long travel to his 05 yfz but will these elkas fit?? i know we may have to make some spacers up

jiff

I wouldn't reccomend it one bit. The LT shocks for both machines are different. Leverage ratios won't be correct. You're better off selling them and buying shocks MADE for the machine.

dancap
04-13-2006, 07:48 PM
it will work with spacers, but the shocks will not be anywhere near to there fullest potential. The 450r/ltz shock will work with eachother because there so close in length but for a yfz the shock is shorter (lt or std doesnt matter). Therefore the yfz shock length being shorter the 450r shock will need the zps (ride height ajustment)ajusted all the way up. DOing this results in less shock travel and you will have half the potential of the shock as it would the correct size. Once again it would work with about 4 spacers to on each mount, but i wouldn't recomend it, you will be bottoming out all over the place.