PDA

View Full Version : Pro Armor Nerfs and IMS Pegs? Runnin over me Leg!

Honda
04-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Does anyone know, or has anyone installed the Pro Armor Heel Gaurd style nerfs with IMS/Roll Foot Pegs?

Anyone using the pro Armor Nerfs, how do you like them? How do you like the Pro Peg style?

Got Pictures? And maybe a shot from the top, showing how close the nerf gets to the rear tire?

:chinese:

Oh Hell.....

Here is my problem, I keep running over my leg. :rolleyes: One time I did it, I was using stock pegs with out any heel gaurds, Broke My Fibula! :huh

Now I have the IMS/ Roll Foot Pegs with the Kicks on the ends and the IMS Heel Gaurds, and Guess what! I ran over my damn leg again, just flopped off the pegs. I guess the tire was hungry, cause it tried to eat me, really messed my knee up this time! :mad:

So I need to do something to keep my leg and boot from going under the rear tire, I don't care what, just something. I was thinking that the proper set of nerfs would reach back near anough to the tire that it would prevent me leg from going under. The problem is, I am not sure which nerf set-ups will reach back far enough to the tire to allow my leg to slide past it with out getting hi jacked by the tire.

I am afraid if I run over it one more time.........me ain't gonna be able to ride , or walk any more.

:ermm:

Also, will the 06 style fit the 04-05, and what would be the difference?

DJJ450r
04-12-2006, 09:34 PM
These might work for you, AC propegs with healgaurds;)

DJJ450r
04-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Or you can get IMS healgaurds to go with your pegs

bigz-71
04-12-2006, 09:37 PM
i like the ac propegs nerfs, they work good. i like the heel guard too.

Honda
04-12-2006, 09:44 PM
I do have the IMS Heel Gaurds, but they don't extend past the tire enough to keep my leg out of there.

DJJ450r
04-12-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda
I do have the IMS Heel Gaurds, but they don't extend past the tire enough to keep my leg out of there.

Then I suggest them AC nerfs:macho

bwilson624
04-12-2006, 10:05 PM
It looks to me like the IMS heel guards don't come out far enough to the outside of the tire, allowing room for your boot to fall in the empty space. I would go with the AC Racing Pro Pegs. That is what I'm gonna buy in a couple of weeks.

eganracing
04-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by DJJ450r
These might work for you, AC propegs with healgaurds;)

did your nerfs come with the net under where the heel of your foot go's? i have the AC pro peg and love them but mine have a medal plate where u have neting.

04TRX400EX
04-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Honda

Oh Hell.....

Here is my problem, I keep running over my leg. :rolleyes:

I guess the tire was hungry, cause it tried to eat me, really messed my knee up this time! :mad:

I don't think your quad likes you. I have a question in all seriousness: how or why does your leg find the rear tires even with heel guards and foot pegs? Are you able to contort your body in odd ways that allows your leg to bend over and around and down to get close to your tires or what?

BTW, I would look into the AC Pro Peg nerfs as shown above, or maybe the Pro Armor ones with their Fat Peg.

2MuchChi450R
04-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Guys!! I have the cheap alternative!! Just duct tape your foot to the peg :devil:

J/k

The problem seems to be that the heel guards you have aren't wide enough, you may have to buy a new set of nerfs with the heel plate. I'd say DG's are about the cheapest you can buy, with AC's being next at bat. Or you could just go all out and get some BlingStars :eek2:

DJJ450r
04-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by eganracing
did your nerfs come with the net under where the heel of your foot go's? i have the AC pro peg and love them but mine have a medal plate where u have neting.

They are the new Black-line nerfs, they come with netted heal gaurds.

CdaleXtreme
04-13-2006, 09:21 AM
if your quad is bouncing your feet off the pegs. You need to either slow down, or get suspension!

That is not a normal thing, especialy if you have heel guards already!

KRMit
04-13-2006, 10:36 AM
Either get a set of standard nerfs and bolt them on with the stock heel gaurds or get any propeg nerfs with built in heel gaurds and you should be fine.

Honda
04-13-2006, 10:18 PM
The first time it happened, I was running stock suspension (BUCKY), and I was a little Hungover from the night before......lol!

This time, it was at the end of a 2 hour XC Race...on brand new Un-Tuned/ First Ride ARS-FX and Custom AXIS shocks.....I was tired and the untuned suspension was throwing me all over the place.

Usually the back end will get bucked, land sideways....throws me foot into the dirt....tire sees it, and eats it for lunch. Usually happens on Crappy Suspension, and when I am Tired.

I know why it happens, but I need a little more protection to keep the tire away from my leg.

I like the AC stuff, but i really feel that Pro Armor has a better product, and I just wanted to see some pictures of some set-ups if anyone had them available.

Thanks