PDA

View Full Version : This will make you sick

cbrooks118
04-12-2006, 09:26 PM
I have a 1986 250r that my dad bought brand new off the showroom floor for my mom to ride (he still had the three wheeler r!)

Shortly after that she broke her leg in a car accident, could not kick start the bike, so she never rode it..... !5 years later I was big enough to get the bike passed down to me, However not really good places to hit it wide open!!! A couple of years of riding small trails, and all that has been done to the bike is some dents and scratches in the OEM gold rims!!!! Now that I am older I go to the dunes a couple of times a year... Get alot of looks, because you die hard R faans don't see too mny stock mufflers still on a bike.

I am sad, This weekend I finally had to break down and replace the chain. It got loose on a ride an binded up! I put some pics up if i can figure out the wifes new camera! See yall at Waynoka!

beerock
04-13-2006, 12:12 AM
pics mofo!

TheFontMaster
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by beerock
pics mofo!

I would love to find me a stock all original 250r someday.

Mean250r
04-13-2006, 05:40 PM
i wonder what a stock 250r sounds like lol

mrhyde
04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
A stock r is quiet. I have one and you could actually hear the engine over the exhaust to know it needed it's first rebuild when I bought it.
This brings up a question: I plan on modding my 87. Since it is completely stock (not that pretty with the trashed 20 year old plastic and grab bar) should I sell or trade it for one that has been built. This seems silly to me but...is my plain old stock piped and jetted r worth more than a lightly modded one?

TheFontMaster
04-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by mrhyde
A stock r is quiet. I have one and you could actually hear the engine over the exhaust to know it needed it's first rebuild when I bought it.
This brings up a question: I plan on modding my 87. Since it is completely stock (not that pretty with the trashed 20 year old plastic and grab bar) should I sell or trade it for one that has been built. This seems silly to me but...is my plain old stock piped and jetted r worth more than a lightly modded one?

Last year a nearly mint condition, all original 88 250r sold for I think about 12 grand on ebay. Just to give you an idea.

Eddiesanders250
04-13-2006, 10:32 PM
I love the sound of the stock R. Its a really deep sound but not quite like a 4 stroke.