PDA

View Full Version : Wilkes-Barre Pa needs a Off Road Park!

Crazy Diamond
04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
How many people are from the W-B Area? Any day I go out riding I see more and more people out on ATV's but yet we have NO Legal Riding Area! There is no reason we can't get this area to open something on these mountains! The Game Lands are Barren due to the over hunting caused by the Game Commission so there is no reason that we should not be able to ride from like near Montage Mountain to Wilkes- Barre/Bear Creek to Nanticoke on down to Mocanaqua! How do we get something going here? We need help. Registration $20. every 2 years and Insurance over $100 a year and what do we get. More and more areas not to ride. Maybe we should stop paying for registration and insurance and see where all the money doesn't go then!!! HELP US GET A LEGAL RIDING AREA!!!!

DeerNuts
04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I am about 25 or so miles to the north of W-B, so I know what you mean when you say there are little riding areas.

I honestly don't know what will help. You're right about the game lands being barren, hell most of them are even out here in the sticks. But because they are games lands, you can't have four-wheelers on them, and rightfully so. Maybe if one could 1. Prove there is little hunting activity on your game lands, 2. Prove there is little wildlife there in the first place and 3. Convince the Game Commission to re-designate it as a riding place.

Good luck is all I can say. It's sucks having to be so negative, but the fact is the area will remain game lands until enough people want it changed. Even then, it's a crap shoot at best. There's too much politics in this **** to be able to affect real change, especially when ATVs are involved.

I support you though:)

KWAD GAWD
04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Dude, you got both Rausch Creek and Paragon like an hour 1/2 away! They're the best in Pennsylvania.... Load up the bikes and GO!

Sjorge450R
04-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by KWAD GAWD
Dude, you got both Rausch Creek and Paragon like an hour 1/2 away! They're the best in Pennsylvania.... Load up the bikes and GO!

were is paragon? And do they have trails and MX? Website???

Stevie-D
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
ohhh there are plenty of spots to ride...you just have to know where they are:devil:

im sure your familiar with scranton right? well past scranton..( where 81 splits, hit 380/84. hop off the elmhurst exit. that'll put you on 435,) which runs along the bottom of moosic mountain now there is an old trail that runs up the mountain and hits the old railroad bed. if you know where your going you can get from waymart all the way up to albany...

a few miles away is jessup mountain. lot of good riding up there too.

quads work better than trucks up there, especially on moosic. i wouldnt advise taking a truck up there if you care about nice rocker panels, unscratched paint, and inflated tires:devil:

i had some pictures from both mountains on the other computer..i'll see if i can come up with them.

Hon300ex
04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
how can you say there are no riding areas in pa? there is a bunch of woods there and if there arent trails you could make some. try riding in north jersey and then complain about riding areas. not tryin to start a fight

DeerNuts
04-13-2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
ohhh there are plenty of spots to ride...you just have to know where they are:devil:

im sure your familiar with scranton right? well past scranton..( where 81 splits, hit 380/84. hop off the elmhurst exit. that'll put you on 435,) which runs along the bottom of moosic mountain now there is an old trail that runs up the mountain and hits the old railroad bed. if you know where your going you can get from waymart all the way up to albany...

a few miles away is jessup mountain. lot of good riding up there too.

quads work better than trucks up there, especially on moosic. i wouldnt advise taking a truck up there if you care about nice rocker panels, unscratched paint, and inflated tires:devil:

i had some pictures from both mountains on the other computer..i'll see if i can come up with them.

Dumbass he was talking about LEGAL spots. You don't even have a clue who owns the land, you just ride on it. That's cool until we all get busted.

We all know where we CAN ride, hell there's woods all over the place, and know of these parks obviously.. it's about getting approval for spots you cant ride in so we don't get **** on like we always do.

(And no I'm not flaming the ***, he's my bro so I get away with it.)

Besides Stevie, you remember the fat ***** that came on our land accusing us of riding on the state lands by the house rite? We need to stay away from that stuff you know.

Crazy Diamond
04-13-2006, 10:08 PM
Thats right, I was talking about some legal riding spots. Everywhere you go around W-B they are cracking down. They should be cracking down on the dumpers! There are tires and household $hit dumped everywhere ya look! Its a mess! What I'm saying is they should allow you to ride next to the RR tracks to get place to place and leave the coal hills stand (generations of rider could enjoy riding them!), as for the mountains and Game Lands. If they stop the Urban Sprawl we could have ALOT of riding areas. Problem is people are pigs that like to leave their trash everywhere. That ruins it on everyone. 3 or 4 articles were in the paper about NUISANCE ATVS in the last week here. What exactly is the problem with us?
And yes, I know about Rausch Creek, Tower City and Paragon. I even know about the Reading Coal Companies Land! But there are thousands of quads in this area that could ride right out there back yards and go for an all day ride without bothering anybody as long as they aren't screwing around. But can't do it legally!!!