PDA

View Full Version : WB Rev Box

SandShark400
04-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Are they good or bad? heres a link to a bunch of dyno results. http://www.geocities.com/gtthunder.geo/400ex.html

underpowered
04-12-2006, 04:59 PM
all they are is an XR250 rev box with a white bros. sticker on them. They raise the rev limiter and give your bike a more agressive power curve, but make it a PITA to start in cold weather. i woud not suggest them. GT thunder and TC both make good boxex for the 400ex, not a modified box off another bike.

cals400ex
04-13-2006, 12:40 AM
yeah i would not get it myself.

jeremy_283
04-13-2006, 05:44 AM
what do u guys base your "facts" on? u just heard it from other people havent you or have u opened up an xr rev box and compared it to the WB? i dont think so

Rico
04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
what do u guys base your "facts" on? u just heard it from other people havent you or have u opened up an xr rev box and compared it to the WB? i dont think so

I had a WB and it made my quad Impossible to start when the battery wasn't new.. Cold or hot weather, if your battery is not at a full charge then the WB CDI will cause problems. It's a piece of ****.

Go with a GT Thunder box. I"ve ran 2 of his and had no starting issues what so ever.

I had a TC Racing one years ago but it was unlimited so leaving the throttle pinned was kinda dangerous if you valued your motor staying in 1 piece.. A buddy of mine put one in his built 300ex and his first race with it, the motor exploded from over revving..

GT THUNDER all the way.

GPracer2500
04-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I've run the WB box and never had an issue with starting. [shrug] I do keep my battery in good condition though...maybe that's why I've never had an issue...I dunno.

SandShark400
04-13-2006, 05:23 PM
oh well, i will post the results of it. i bought it from rocky mountain.

cals400ex
04-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe

you bet. the first thing i do when i buy an ignition part is cut it open with a table saw, then compare it to others i have cut open, then i duct tape it back together. you should try it sometime. it is fun.

i have ran them both and so has rico. i am not saying you can't buy one. i am just saying i would not buy one for over $40.....and even at that i still may not. i needed one after i had my EX built so whether it was a good one or a bad one, i still needed it. i went wrong the first time and bought a sparks. my buddies bought sparks and WB. after i tried a GT thunder i was hooked. i ended up buying one of his aggresive curve boxes and his standard curve box. both were far superior to the other boxes.

quadrider400
04-20-2006, 12:28 AM
WB was a pain in the *****.... several times i had to put the stock one in to get it started....

Got a BIG GUN and have never looked back.... I would stay away from the whites unless they have changed in the last couple years...

04-20-2006, 06:08 AM
the wb and big gun are the exact same rev box...i killed the original battery and a new battery i had just bought for the wifes 300ex in one day trying to start mine with the wb. put the stocker back in and have had no trouble starting the bike since...