PDA

View Full Version : Oil Filter problems

Taz14racer
04-12-2006, 02:21 PM
I just resently changed the oil in my 03 Z400 and i changed the oil filter and when i was taking the cap off when i noticed that the 3 bolts that hold the cap got snaped inside while i was taking the cap off. Any ideas on wat i should do to get them out or anything else?

03 Z400

WB pipe full
AC pro all round
CV4 valves
Maxxis Razar
Alba Action Graphics
Oneal Pro Lock

indyZrider
04-12-2006, 05:30 PM
that sucks! drill a little hole in the bolts and try one of those backing out bits that dig into the bolts. if that dont work youre going to have drill all the bolt out. OUCH! dont wanna be in your shoes right now

HondaRacer300ex
04-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Just drill it out.

Start with a small bit, and work your way up.

rrguy
04-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Taz14racer what do you suggest he do drill out the threads also. You have to be perfrectly centered in the bolt.

First try a pick to see if you cannot spin it out. Probaly not if they broke off removing them? Make sure you are turning it the correct way.
I would use a center punch to mark & get the hole as close to center as possible. I use left hand drill bits. Sometimes the bit itself is enough to back the screw out. It is only a 6mm bolt so use around a 1/8" bit. if they do not come out yet, insert a small EZ - OUT an gently try to remove the screw. If it will not budge, use a hand torch & try and warm up the area around the broken screw. A little heat will usually do it. With a little heat & reinstalling the EZ out it should come out. Of course remove all residue of oil possible. If you are not certain you can manage this bring it to a machine shop.

If you need a bit & EZ- out I can send you one. PM me.

Good luck

Taz14racer
04-23-2006, 03:53 PM
:) Ya my uncle came out today and got them out for me. It took him bout an hour to do it all. Now shes running like a top again

Thanks for the info guys

Z400
White Bro Pipe
Alba Action Graphics
Ac Full Protection
Maxxis Razars
JT Sporckets
D.I.D chain
CV4 valves
Oneal Pro-LocK Bars
Pro Armor Kill Switch