PDA

View Full Version : cr80 troubles

devildriver422
04-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Alright so my brother got a 1997 cr80 this past fall. It was one of the biggest pieces of **** I've ever seen, the person before took off the cylinder and left everything in the rain, tranny seized, carb problems, etc etc.

I completely rebuilt it, got it to run good, and then I was riding it the other day, and out of nowhere it sputtered and died. Hasn't run since. It has fuel and compression, but there was no spark, and after some work, I got a spark, but it's yellow and weak, so the bike wont run on its own.

The best I got is when I try to pop-start the bike, it sounds like its starting to run as long as its moving, but once it slows down, the bike dies. It can't keep itself running. Anyone have any ideas?

Mxjunkie
04-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Did you replace the stator when you rebuilt it? Mine had a simular problem and it turns out my stator took a dump on me..

devildriver422
04-14-2006, 02:49 PM
nope didnt replace that, could be it I'll check this weekend. thanks. Anyone else have any ideas?

MR.BIG
04-14-2006, 02:56 PM
It also could be a bad coil,cdi, or pickup on the stator. Electrical problems are a pain in the ***** and very expensive.